phone: (1) 717.723.9898
email address: email@example.com
Note: I do NOT accept requests to link for SEO
twitter: Follow @timlangeman
I grew up in, and live in Akron, PA.
I work for Paul B. Zimmerman Inc as a computer programmer.
My personality type
CiteIt.net: Open Source Project
I’ve created an open source WordPress plugin that allows web authors to demonstrate the context of their citations. I hope this allows credible authors to distinguish themselves from “Fake News”.
Web Material I’ve put together
- What the Creator of the Email Protocol can teach us about Politics and Religion
- Jon Postel said: “Be conservative in what you send and liberal in what you accept”.
- Journalists and Technologists Should Collaborate to Build More Trustworthy Media
- How technologists can build systems that allow writers to create more trustworthy content, including a description of my CiteIt.net WordPress plugin.
- Review: Ted Nelson’s Philosophy of Hypertext
- Ted Nelson coined the word “hypertext” in 1962 and was the original visionary behind the world wide web (what many people think of as the internet). This article reviews his Ph.D. paper, written in 2003. (~11,000 words)
- What would Martin Luther Post today?
- If Martin Luther were alive today, what would be his message of reform and how would he post it?
- An Open Letter to Apple Enthusiasts
- I would be willing to pay 11% more for a more ethically-sourced iPad..
- Socratic Dialogue: The Consummation of Knowledge
- A little dialogue I wrote after taking an introduction to political philosophy class in college. At the time there was much talk about creating a framework for an electronic economy where “producers” would create “compelling content”, which would be “consumed” by “consumers”.
- Socratic Diaglog: Gorgias (This is not my own, but a compiled and formatted version written by Plato)
- Socrates discusses the nature of “rhetoric” and “justice” with a Sophist named Gorgias. Socrates argues that it is better to die a righteous victim than to kill, foreshadowing his own death and the death of Christ.
Web Material I like
- Brené Brown: Researcher and Storyteller: vulnerability & courage
- Freakonomics Radio: Behavioral Economics and the Hidden Side of Everything
- How I Built This (Startup Entrepreneurship)
- More Perfect (about the Supreme Court)
- New Books Network : Interviews of Authors on Many Topics
- On Being: Conversations about the big questions of meaning, hosted by Krista Tippett
- Planet Money: The Economy Explained
- The Indicator, from Planet Money
- Radio Lab: Investigating a strange world.
- Bicycling, Hiking
- Computers and their Social impact
- My parents, Ken and Marilyn
- My brother, Matt