(VIDEO) Cop Admits To Finding Reasons To Pull People Over

This police officer not only admits to abusing her power, but seems proud to do this. Entitlement like this is exactly why we need police reform, and Jeff Wiggins breaks it down on Rebel HQ.

Comments

Translation: “(While Im on duty, Im going to break laws when I want to. If you are in the way of me breaking the law, I will find a way to give you a citation and cost you money and time)”

Nothing to see here folks. She took a course for a few weeks and earned herself a shiny badge so never mind the fact that she is literally here on video telling you she doesn’t understand the law and will actually violate your rights and the law on a whim… its, thin blue line and all that fun stuff so…. yeahhhh. You’re the bad guy if you come across her.

 

We all know this already. Does this really shock anyone?

 

So she’s under investigation for telling the truth? As more than one cop has said. “If I follow you long enough, you’ll do something that I can pull you over for”.
No body has to get out of a cops way unless the lights and siren is on. Other then that you have to wait in line like everyone else. There is no law saying a person has to get out of a cops way simply because they are a cop. She is just showing her corrupt privilege.
In Las Vegas they’re over 12,000 NRS laws from big too small. They can pull you over because they can’t see your license plate is not illuminated enough or there’s something hanging in your rearview mirror.
How I understood it. People get arrested because the cops are pissed because when no action is going on, they demand that everybody goes out of their way, gives them special privilege like a king, and when this will not happen then they become so angry on a citizen who done nothing wrong, that they swipe them from the streets? That is just sick to know that the USA doesn’t have a decent police force. Just a lot of bullies who behave like shitty spoiled fashist brats.
The focus needs to be on the departments as well as officers. Whenever a officer gets caught doing exactly what they were trained to do by their department all focus is on the officer. I’m not saying the officer isn’t to blame but an independent agency needs to inspect the department. The department simply points the finger and continues to train incoming officers to do the same thing
“I can go 90 mph. You can’t.” The part she doesn’t say: “because if my reckless driving causes an accident I get to blame it on you.”
At least in my state, it’s illegal for a cop to pull you over if they have followed you for more than 1 mile.
See these so called hardcore muthaphuckas will pick on law abiding citizens getting off on a power trip. But those real ganstas who walk around with nothing to lose they leave them alone. Oh no they dont have the courage to mess with criminals they just mess with civilians.
This thing should find another career. LE attracts so many undesirables.
This cop is so full of shit she can’t go faster than you, unless she is on an emergency call and yes you have to move over but if she wants lunch and she’s breaking the law by speeding to pick up her lunch order or going home, she can be charge and ticketed. Police or any other law enforcement officers are not above the law.
Police: We can break the law but you can’t!
This is common knowledge, the power hungry ego maniacs – it’s nothing to do with the law or helping society
The POLICE…. “Get the f#ck out our way” … pretty much.
Money has corrupted our justice system. There’re financial reasons to find excuses to issue tickets. There’re a financial reasons cops have to fill up private prisons and look for any excuse to throw someone in jail.
A cop being “Under Investigation” is just cop-speak for “we’re all giggling about it in the break room.”

If there were No Camera, How would these Georgia Police treat a black man?

This auditor uncovers a big red flag when he  tests a town’s respect for civil rights by:

  • visiting the town hall and issuing a Freedom of Information Request
  • filming in a parking lot and attempting to file a complaint

Viewer Comments:

  • Remember this is being done to someone that knows his rights on a camera. Imagine the things they do to citizens that don’t know their rights off camera.

 

 

  • The way they treat him is gross, but what’s really nauseating is how much they squirm at not being able to treat him worse.
  • Props to WJCL for uploading this video at length. Great news agency.

 

  • The guy that integrated cameras into cellphones has done more for civil rights by accident than any politician has done for civil rights on purpose.
  • This is normal behavior and, what is soooo disturbing is how much they want to lock this guy up. This is what the police departments do all across the US and cell phones have documented their behavior for everyone to see.
  • to the lady in the office, 10/10 you deserve a promotion. FAULTLESS.

How it should have gone down.
Caller: There’s a stranger in the parking lot.
Police: what’s the problem?
Caller: He’s videotaping.
Police: That’s not a crime.
Caller: But it’s creepy.
Police: That’s not a crime either. Call us back when you actually see a crime committed.

 

  • Okay, hear me out. There are so many of these videos here on Youtube. Always the same exact scenario where the cop throws a fit about a guy with a camera doing absolutely nothing illegal. I’m just an old washed up dart player but I even know what you can and cannot do with a camera and I would even know, depending on what state you live in that you can’t demand ID from someone who is doing nothing wrong. So basically WTF is wrong with all these cops? Is it an ego thing? I definitely feel like the Chief is the type who feels he is above the law. “His parking lot” over and over. First of all, it’s not “his” parking lot. He doesn’t own it and works for the people. This shit pisses me off! Cops apparently need MUCH better training than they have now.

 

  • It seems like a common theme with all of these videos, the police demand and overstep and when the auditor shows their knowledge the cop doesn’t usually correct themselves. They usually always try to stick to their wrong argument. It only makes it worse for them, it makes them look like they have massive egos.
  • All across the United States, police departments are getting educated. It is just a shame that the public has to do it.

 

  • like others have said, if they’ll act like this in front of someone who verbally told them he’s a JOURNALIST with a camera in their face, imagine what they do/how they act towards other people off camera
  • The guy that integrated cameras into cellphones has done more for civil rights by accident than any politician has done for civil rights on purpose.
  • When your an officer who is following the law, you have no issue identifying yourself even on camera. An officer who is required to identify to the public and doesn’t knows they have done something wrong. Go above him and have him fired.
  • Wow….I’m in law enforcement and this was hard to watch. Definitely on the side of the cameraman here, who knew his stuff and carried himself with dignity. The police were terrible- ignorant and worse, likely deliberately obstructive. And yes, they absolutely were bullies. If they had just behaved like the city clerk, (professionally) probably none of us would be watching this video. Very sad….
  • This type of behavior from a public employee is terrifying and dangerous, public employees are funded by citizens but yet they try to bully us around and talk to us like that, completely disgusting for a police chief. If corporate showed up at my job and I acted like this in front of them I would no longer have a job… Completely shameful to your own family and to your country.

 

  • “My employees”, “my parking lot”, and “my building”. That’s what the so called Chief said. He needs to understand absolutely none of that belongs to him! The staff are public servants and the property belongs to the people!
  • I’ve lost count how many times I’ve had similar experiences from small town police officers. It’s plainly evident why so much public trust has been eroded in regards to law enforcement.
  • I was in the army and ive seen what bad leadership ruin a platoon of soldiers. Your right about it starting from the top and bleeding down into the rest. I cant stand cops like this and it gets me so angry watching these videos that my hands start to shake. I give you alot of credit for handling this so smoothly and professionally. I hope this is updated with a good happy video. These guys are crazy.

 

  • I’m from Savannah, Ga 20 mins away and we don’t messed with Pooler police they are rude and have nasty behavior. Imagine not knowing the laws and how many ppl they arrested over stupid stuff.

 

  • Thank you for doing this it’s hard here in georgia. People need to see this stuff.Its awful, people can be taken into custody here without warrants or cause and no due process and any atonney you get charges more than you can afford to get the legal help you need and they are on the same payroll if they are pro bono. The DOJ hasn’t the time to deal with individual cases of civil rights violations outside prison walls.So any entity of law enforcement can go unchecked on taking advantage of people or their families here in georgia
  • I live in Pooler and can absolutely confirm these guys are an egotistical bunch
  • This is why I moved out of Georgia. The corruption in the southeast part of Georgia is insane. Long County, Liberty County is worse then this. And for the Pooler Police Chief to act in this manner is grounds for immediate termination with charges of violating civil rights while under oath.
    • Turner County Georgia was a known speed trap for years. I think they finally got caught
  • This is basically most small towns in the US. “My parking lot” “My lobby” “My building” as the Chief of Police says. and they get away with it day in and day out. Its disgraceful
  • It’s unprofessionalism and ignorance from the top down. You can tell there is a lot of unlawful things going around in the city of Pooler. This is disgusting
  • How do cops still not know when they can or can’t request ID. Seems like basics for their job.
    • They know, they just don’t want the public to know… It is best to learn the law’s for your County, City and state. I have I am in Georgia and know this fact! Those clowns need to be investigated!!!!!
  • Accepting his own compliant then decides for himself he can just make it invalid ? That’s tyranny in every sense. Update ?
  • This type of behavior from a public employee is terrifying and dangerous, public employees are funded by citizens but yet they try to bully us around and talk to us like that, completely disgusting for a police chief. If corporate showed up at my job and I acted like this in front of them I would no longer have a job… Completely shameful to your own family and to your country.
  • I was in the army and ive seen what bad leadership ruin a platoon of soldiers. Your right about it starting from the top and bleeding down into the rest. I cant stand cops like this and it gets me so angry watching these videos that my hands start to shake. I give you alot of credit for handling this so smoothly and professionally. I hope this is updated with a good happy video. These guys are crazy.
  • Good thing you’re recording them because they probably would’ve been a lot more aggressive with you thanks for doing this
  • The chief looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of him! Thank the camera. I feel bad for his wife when he gets home 🤕
  • It’s unprofessionalism and ignorance from the top down. You can tell there is a lot of unlawful things going around in the city of Pooler. This is disgusting

 

  • The scary part of all of this is when we realize that these people write reports on people that a judge reads in a court of law.
  • That cop with the glasses knew where this was going and wanted no part of it lol
  • I love how cops try to make people do as they say simply because they have that uniform. Cops like this bring such shame to their title.
  • It sickens me that public servants allow that police are trained to bully and not to obey constitutional law and rights of those they serve
  • I love to watch cops search for a reason to get you to comply… First they say you can’t be here, then they say it’s private property, then they tell you it’s trespassing, then they try to tell you you can’t film into restricted areas from public. Watching you shoot down everyone of their attempts is hilarious. Really makes our cops look inept
    • dont forget this one….’YOUR MAKING PEOPLE UNCOMFORTABLE’
  • I hate how they always demand ID, often for no reason even when they KNOW they are dealing with someone who either knows the law or chooses to enforce their constitutional right.
  • That is pretty crazy. Would not believe law enforcement believes they can legally do that to a law abiding citizen. What a shame.
  • This is why auditors are so important. 💕
  • Watch an actual boatload of these in the UK. Knowing what we do about US pigs, big up to you, man. UK auditors would never have left the building, but I totally understand why you would in America. Before you know it, we’d have a body bag, a lost camera, no body worn camera footage, and an F-ton of lies. Respect. 👊❤
  • The city clerk and both security guards know more about constitutional law and rights, than the ones who swore an oath to protect those very same rights.
  • “This is the public lobby, you’re gonna kick me out of the public lobby too, chief?” That part was so funny to me. 😂
  • Utterly pathetic behavior! They’re supposed to be “law” enforcement, not “feelings” enforcement.
  • As much as I think this guy on camera is being a pain in the ass, at the same time, I appreciate that we have rights in this country and law enforcement officers are public servant who have to obey the laws themselves and follow the protocols.
  • “We need backup immediately, this guy keeps talking about his rights”
  • Without taking this to court. NOTHING will happen or change.
  • Did they get away with bullying you? That’s at least debatable. It depends on, if you let them get away. There should be a follow up. Like you said, go above the Chiefs head. Ok, excellent job on the video, overall. Just one small note, the guards from the court house, didn’t treat you the same as everyone else. They held you up, from your Right, even if it was just for a short moment.
  • Notice his he said “get out of ‘my’ parking lot.” It’s because that’s how he sees it he believes that’s ”his” building “his” employees when really it’s “our” parking lot and “our” building that’s a big part of the problem
  • Don’t assume the mayor doesn’t go along with this. The citizens of Pooler have to push back against the mayor and City Council and anyone else who approves the appointments to City positions.
  • ugh, these cops are so ignorant and power hungry. love to the auditors for taking the time to educate cop gangs. I pray the auditors get law representation to gain awareness and better protection. I blame the us Supreme Court for ruling cops don’t actually have to know the law they enforce at the point of a gun and gang behavior.
  • i love how much they back down and run away when they realise you know your rights
  • Whilst I can understand the frustration of those officers, they really do need to be up to date in what is and is not allowable under the law. They looked chumps as they were in the wrong.
  • Guy says – “I am just an employee here.”, but he is wearing a badge on his belt. They don’t issue badges to “just employees”. Only sworn officers receive badges.
    •  @Kirk Callender  I thought that too but he gave his name and badge number when asked then later took the badge off. I’m pretty sure he lied.
    •  @Fly Over Radio  Exactly what I was gonna say. He gave his name and number and identified as a policeman. If he wasn’t then why was he surrounding him with the other cops? Seems like he knows police intimidation tactics/practices.
  • These are the kind of thuggish cops which you encounter regularly in these types of jurisdictions. The local citizens are typically afraid to stand up to them since this is, quite frankly, all they know.
  • He investigated himself and found he did nothing wrong! Think…if they treated a law abiding citizen like this, how do they treat suspects?
  • These “tough guys” are the same cowards who run AWAY from danger.
  • Would like to see your complaints being addressed by the Mayor!
  • The lady in the office should be the Police Chief.
  • I’ve been robbed, assaulted, publicly harassed, crashed into, threatened with guns, etc. Never once did the police catch any of the people who did these things, unless it required the absolute minimum effort because the person who crashed into me totaled their car. Conversely, I’ve been harassed & intimidated by police semi-regularly throughout my life -just because they were bored & feeling the need to bully. The only time I met a nice officer was when my mom was dating him when I was a kid. Thus to me, the vast majority of cops are lazy/incompetent and the rest are bullies.
  • Im 60 and every interaction I’ve had with Police has been a difficult one throughout my life. Ive always been treated like a criminal every time… Trying to acuse me of things i haven’t done or downright lying to me for no reasons at at. No benefit to anyone, just an excuse to stand over and intimidate me because im an ugly man…if i was a blonde woman with a lovely face it would be completely different.
  • It’s never “one or two bad apples”. Corrupt and outright evil policing either starts at the top, or is stopped from there.
  • Cops never say the full text: A few bad apples “spoil the whole barrel”.
  • The cameras just changes the games. Without a camera this guy will be on jail.
  • 13:21 “How do I file the complaint if I can’t get into the building?” Damn that’s helllla funny
  • “I’m a police officer. I asked you for your ID. I need you to give me your ID.” The correct response is: “I’m a citizen. I haven’t done anything wrong. I need you to kick rocks.”
  • The shame of it is the city attorney said they acted appropriately. The chief and locals also say they acted appropriately. The locals are probably terrified to do anything because they’ll be arrested
    • Pooler is just out side of Savannah where I lived for over 20 years and everyone knows that the Pooler police will write tickets for the most minor and insignificant infractions. For example, there was a women giving a ticket for driving while distracted because while she sat at a red light she took one hand off the steering wheel to take a bite of a sandwich.
    • So the City attorney agreed that it was proper for the Sgt. to demand ID with no RAS, that it was legal to trespass him out of the parking lot, that it was proper to restrict his access to city services because he was recording, that he was required to identify himself in a public complaint, that it was proper for the Sgt. to accept the complaint on his superior officer? Are you sure he was really an attorney or maybe he just plays one on TV? I guess he will have a second crack at these question in court. As Mr. T would say, “I pity the fool.”
  • They have been doing this for so long and getting away with it.
  • I’m Black, so if l went in there, l probably wouldn’t be able to leave for about 15 to years…..
  • Imagine how they treat the prisoners
  • I like how men with guns and tasers always say someone’s making them feel uncomfortable 😂😂
  • Officers took an oath to uphold their State and Federal Constitutions, which means affirming the constitutionally protected rights of US citizens. The law-abiding citizen has no obligation to provide ID under such circumstances, it is the police who have to jump over the legal hurdles such as reasonable suspicion and probable cause to detain, ask for ID, or arrest. I developed training on this for officers as far back as 2014, even then officers did not like the idea of having limited power in such situations. Ego maybe? Unfortunately, more training and regular training are needed nationwide in this area, which would save a lot of grief, embarrassment, and tax dollars. This was an unnecessary power struggle between the officers, the Chief, and the filmer. Regardless of the filmer’s true intentions, his rights should be affirmed. The fact that the police are called, that someone doesn’t like the filmer lawfully being there, doesn’t override the filmer’s constitutional rights. Once the filmer’s lawful status is determined, they should be free to carry on, without interference.
  • I can only imagine what these small town cops do to people . That is a real bad State a Canadian woman was arrested her car towed and she was put in jail. The small town cop who didn’t know that Canadians are allowed to drive in the USA with there Canadian drivers license just like Americans are allowed to drive in Canada with there US license
  • Q: Are your a detective, or a sergeant? A: I’m just an employee, man. An employee who is fronting with a badge on his hip, and previously gave his badge number … “just an employees” don’t have badges. Dude was definitely a detective, and lied … though, ironically, it’s legal for the police to lie.
  • the “employee” with the beard and glasses is just as guilty as the sergeant and the chief by his omission to act. he witnessed the behaviour of the sergeant and the chief and was complicit in their actions. he probably knows that the chief and the sergeant are a pair of idiots and thought no way am i getting involved with this. he`s the type of guy that disappears in a bar room brawl.
  • I understand why and what you are doing and strongly believe doing so is an important audit of public employees. If you want to report on this unconstitutional behavior it is my opinion it would be much better done without the descriptive editorializing (“tyrant, Bully, making fun of someone’s name) which reduces the effectiveness of the reporting and appears childish. This audit work is important yet diminished in it’s reporting by this.

 

Cops Get Fired, Arrested, and Sued After Unlawful Arrest

 

 

I find it despicable that Wal-Mart refused to allow her to pay for the items. If one of those employees stepped in and noticed her diminished mental condition, and then allowed her to pay, then this confrontation would not have happened.
“I was going to pay for it” “but you didn’t” BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES REFUSED TO LET HER! My god this officer is not only a monster thinking he’s some big shot for taking down a mentally unwell, little old lady and thinking he freaking knows what happened when clearly he didn’t. I’m glad she filed a lawsuit against them and both no longer work for the police dept as well as charges against them. I hope they get found GUILTY for this behavior because they KNEW they were in the wrong, and proceeded to try to cover their tracks. I feel so bad for Karen, she didn’t deserve that.

Show less

As a caregiver in a memory care facility, this brought me to tears. Absolutely sickening
This victim reminds me of my Mom who died just over a year ago from dementia. It’s hard to believe anyone (especially law enforcement officers) being so cruel to her and lacking basic humanity. Kudos to those who came to her aid in her time of need.
“She started running”
Liar.
Absolutely disgusting.
I started tearing up seeing him dislocate her shoulder.
Wow what a hero for hurting an 80lb elderly woman with dementia.
It’s ironic the cop tells a stranger to get all the facts before rushing to judgment.
Officer: “this is what you get when you mess with the police” Also Officer: goes to jail, gets public outrage, humiliation, and makes taxpayers pay 3 million dollars
I’m crying for this poor woman. I’ve a hidden disability that causes me to behave this way from time to time. It’s TERRIFYING.
He seriously celebrated that arrest? What’s to be proud of,the way he just had to prove what a “boss” he was, right! By throwing a tiny, little, old woman to the ground because she “resisted arrest”! Bollox! She made you feel small when she didn’t stop and you had to show her the full power of your authority!! Pathetic!! Now the guy in the white car, the one who stood up to the officer and told him he saw the whole arrest and she didn’t try to run away once.. he’s a boss! Edit note – actually he’s a dam hero!! He risked getting wrongfully arrested to help her! We need more people like him in our world!
This’s so heartbreaking. As a nurse, I worked with dementia patients for over a decade and the thought of any of them being treated this way makes me sick. When the officer first approached her, she was pleasantly confused and smiled at him. I’m sure she had no idea why this “nice young man” was talking to her. You can see it in her expression. With that in mind and understanding that a police officer’s roll in society is “to protect and serve”, it makes this one of the worst videos to watch. In that way, it reminds me of the video showing a man sweetly call a kitten over to him in a park, and when the kitten came running over to him calling, he kicked it through the air. The innocence in the world is too often crushed by the evil people in society. We have to stand up to those who crush that innocence. Can you imagine the pain and confusion Ms Garner was experiencing?… and then shackled to a bench with lacerations and fractures for hours without medical treatment. 😢 Anyone trying to say “He didn’t know”, watch his reaction to her after she’s in his vehicle and back at the station! He talked to her like a child because he knew her mental state was that of a child.

Show less

You forgot the young man who confronted the police officers when he saw conduct that clearly disturbed him and struck him as wrong…. I’d give that young man an A.
I like how the dude stands his ground when the cop lies and says she was running “I seen her the whole time, she wasn’t running”.
Whats really horrifying is that the sergeant, and pretty sure everyone else in the dept, approved of the behavior and didnt reprimand the officers until they were sued
“No action was taken against the officers until a lawsuit was filed…” The fact that a lawsuit was required in order to get the bad apples removed, speaks volumes.
A law needs to be passed that prohibits fired cops from being hired by other departments

 

It’s satisfying to finally see officers held accountable for their conduct. This used to be completely acceptable conduct for police, and now they not only get fired for it, but they get charged as well (as they should).

The absolute balls on that guy to confront two random cops in what obviously isn’t his first language or his native country is amazing. What a hero, hats off to him
I wish one of these networks would give you a nationally syndicated show. I thank you for your channel. I really think your videos would help inform the public as to what is wrong with the way police do their job and could help bring police reform. I really appreciate what you do. THANK YOU
The fact he easily and quickly deescalated the bystander situation but couldn’t do the same for an elderly woman with dementia is just sad
Oddly, I’m upset with the Walmart employees for calling the police and escalating the situation. I’m not advocating for stealing, but it was only $13 worth of product. Walmart isn’t going to suffer over such a petty loss. Just let her take it—it was not worth the broken shoulder or trauma she suffered.
As someone who’s grandmother is in a similar state, I have nothing but loathing for the officers involved and the Wal-Mart management that all failed to help this woman. Just a couple of simple questions could have sorted out that she was having trouble, but no, they all had to treat her so terribly.
“You’re resisting, which isn’t going to fly with me” shows what a pathetic man he is when he feels the need to assert his dominance over a little old lady.
Where I came from, people would line up in the store to offer paying for what the old lady took. As we where raised to respect older people No matter what and this is what Im passing through to my kids. Seeing that lady go through pain not knowing what’s going on really hurts me. I hope she’s doing fine now.
“Dont judge the scene before you get all the facts.” Sometimes, irony just writes itself
As a caregiver who have seen many of these patients, this broke my heart.
As a former officer this made me sick to my stomach. I love old people and we much protect them at all costs that’s level of force was completely unnecessary. I was literally pissed watching this video. I’m glad she sued the s*** out of them! And shout out to that citizen who stood up against these wolves dressed as sheepdogs! He need a award as well.
I’m so glad that the police in my country get at least a 2 year training and in those 2 years and constantly after as well are being trained on how to deal with mentally unstable or ill people, development issues, physical ailments, confused people etc and even with aggression and stubbornness. You rarely see stuff like this or anything on this channel for that matter happening here.
I am getting sick and tired of departments allowing officers to resign in order to to not be held accountable for their actions, and not being put on the list.
Isn’t it funny how police can immediately charge a citizen for resisting arrest all while carrying around “qualified immunity” where it takes months to years to prove their unprofessionalism? I’m an advocate for getting rid of qualified immunity and letting officers carry their own insurance similar to malpractice insurance that doctors and nurses carry.
This could have been my mother who suffers from similar conditions. I cried throughout this video – disgraceful conduct..
“I’m going home. I’m going home.” This poor woman. My mom suffered from Alzheimer’s. It’s horrible. I’m shocked these officers didn’t recognize there was a mental issue here. Just horribly sad.
I didn’t even make it 2mins into the video and I’m already furious! The sheer level of ignorance. The amount of fear and confusion that woman must have felt is unimaginable. I lost one of my Grandparents to Alzheimer’s disease and it was heart breaking to watch her mental decline and how it affected her. Some days were almost like she was blissfully unaware but other times it was like she suddenly realised what was happening to her and what she was losing. The dread, fear and confusion in those moments were devastating. So watching this poor woman be mistreated because people don’t have time to consider or due to their ignorance figure out that there is an explanation for her behaviour is so hard to watch.
Edit: 7:56 oh freaking awesome, so it’s even in their own policies which means they WILL have been trained in this stuff?! So it’s not just ignorance. It’s WILLFUL ignorance!
I live in Loveland CO and cant beleive this happened. To think a $13 that she never even took was treated like this is so disrespectful and sickening.
Man, I have never seen anyone so proud of oppressing a weaker person. The cop seems so proud oh his action
A reasonable person knows how fragile elderly people are. Knowing this, this is an assault in my opinion.
It really angers me in the beginning how overly righteous and condescending he sounds when he speaks to this poor woman, who clearly is suffering from some kind of mass confusion/mental health episode. They can’t approach suspects like this like they’re pure evil, it isn’t black and white, you have to at least try to communicate properly before using force and immediate judgement. Edit: The citizen stopping and catching the officer in lies and asking for his Sargent was AMAZING.
It’s clear by the first officer sounding like he’s out of breath, he couldn’t handle anyone other than a child or an elderly female. The female officer is there to do no more than what it was found out later, sleeping with other officers. What a joke.
This one breaks my heart. My mom & aunt are at the age where they are becoming frail like this. If I saw an officer man handle one of them like this I would probably wind up in jail. Pick on someone your own size! He could have literally pinched her sweatshirt sleeve & that would have been enough to overpower this tiny old woman. She is clearly not a threat to society at large. Stealing is wrong regardless, but this is a tricky situation. The officers had no way of initially knowing that she was mentally disabled. I can agree with that. But they could absolutely see that she is a frail old woman & made better decision about use of force. & btw calling them “peace officers” makes me sick.
I wonder these days if there is a truly honest well trained and following the ‘To Protect and Serve’ cop anywhere in this country?? I was in law enforcement in the 70s and was proud to serve, but these days even I have a whole different look when I see an officer, wondering if they are corrupt or not. That is so sad!
Nobody would have ever known about this if it wasn’t filmed. This is what has been going on for years. It’s hard to watch, but there’s unprofessional cops in every state.
It’s absolutely amazing how the cops can all convince themselves and each other that they have done nothing wrong. Doesn’t matter what they’ve done – they all group-think themselves into believing that they acted within the law. It’s laughable. The only hope is that they watch the video in private and see what everyone else sees. Why couldn’t the cop see that something wasn’t right – does he not have a mother? Does he not recognise when someone is behaving oddly? He could have given her a lift home and made sure she was safe – it wasn’t like she was public enemy number 1.
the arrest itself was very difficult for me to watch.. she’s visibly confused and the officer immediately resorts to using physical force.. i hope she’s doing okay this must have been physically and mentally traumatizing for the poor lady
I know exactly when the shoulder injury happened. That was when he was controlling her arm causing her pain on purpose to teach a lesson or for self pleasure because she was not complying with him.
Update to this is that their Sargent Metzler- who participated in dropping her on the ground while loading her into a police car and signed off on this abuse as acceptable was allowed to work until he retired with full pay. The police chief Ticer who hired the miscreants, and also approved the beating they administered to this grandmother, now works in a retirement community in Arizona. Please pray for the unsuspecting seniors he will be “helping”………
She’s 73. He tells her if she kicks him “things will be bad”. Clearly this man was itching to beat up someone in cuffs. He had no intention of using just the amount of force necessary to stop the threat.
always nice to hear a officer say ‘i don’t care’ during an arrest especially when they don’t know all the details.
This video makes me furious every time I watch it And then how they laugh and joke later at the jail is some of the most egregious shit towards an elderly person I’ve ever seen
12:56 I refuse to believe that the cops were celebrating injuring an elderly woman. What is this world coming to
An update: Officer Hopp has been sentenced to 5 years in prison and 3 years probation. Accountability is getting better, next step is to stop the entire concept of internal investigation
You can tell how disconnected this cop is with everything. He treated this whole situation like it was a game.
>> The cop sounded like he was getting happy in the beginning of the stop. Like he was happy about finally being able to use some action.
>> Hey the cop was just playing GTA5 role play as a admin so it perfectly fine

>> Sounds like an 11 year old chattering with his gaming buddies

>>  @sergantawesom  I bet in his childhood he was the kid that would beat up a smaller kid and take his lunch money.

>> Is it just me or are these officers huffing and puffing over a 73 year old lady.

I’m a retail manager. This is appalling. If the “customer” offers to pay for the stuff, that’s acceptable. My first issue is with the employees who should have accepted payment and then simply told her she’s not welcome there anymore. (NOTE: That’s regardless of knowledge of mental capacity). My second issue is then with the police where it became obvious that she does have some mental disadvantages. Either way, the police were wrong in their approach. They didn’t bother to talk amicably with her. It was immediate detention.
This is so sad that this lady went through this. I am thankful she did file the lawsuit and won however, the pain had to be so excruciating. Elderly don’t heal fast. I will be waiting to see or hear their trials. Thank you for sharing these audits.
The fact that concerned man wasn’t even fluent in English and had the bravery to confront that aggressive cop was amazing!!! He must of been prepared to go to jail.
Cops should have NO means to delete footage, EVER. There’s no reason for someone with so much power to have more access than a retail employee has with cctv cameras.
Right from start, in the first 30 seconds, even I could see the lady was not 100% – 5′ tall and 80lb with dementia does not pose a threat. The whole thing could have been avoided if he just stopped for a second and reassessed the situation. He could have explained it to her, given her a ride home, talked to the caregiver who would have probably gone and paid the bill at WalMart. And good on that dude rolling up and challenging the cops treatment of that lady.
You can hear the joy in this man’s voice while he’s man handling this frail old woman
I remember a time we’re old ladies and ladies in general we’re treaded with respect. Today police in America seem to see in humans only criminals and non criminals. No nuance’s whatsoever. Sad.
The fact that there was an “internal review” and they found this use of force “reasonable” shows just how corrupt most internal reviews actually are. “We investigated ourselves and have found nothing wrong”.
Cops so many times just spew out lies without hesitation so often on these videos it’s ridiculous
“Do you feel better knowing all the facts?” How can you ask someone that when you didn’t know all the facts? No effort to de-escalate the situation whatsoever.
What kills me is that she tried to pay and they just confused the crap out of her instead. I don’t think I have ever seen such a aggressive Wal-Mart employee.
Aw what a sweet young lady! I feel so bad for her. I really hope she is getting the care she desperately needs after such a traumatic encounter 🙁
Just once it’d be nice to see the cop say to the concerned onlooker, “Here are the things you need to file a complaint. Thank you for looking out for this community and keeping us honest.”
That pos officer’s tone of voice is infuriating. He was talking to her like a small child but physically manhandled her like she was an NFL linebacker. The fact that their bosses tried to sweep it under the rug until they had no choice but to break the blue wall is why people hate the police.
Friendly reminder that the prosecutor who dropped the charges reviewed the body cam footage and only dropped charges to protect the officers involved in hopes that this body cam wouldn’t be released to the public.
When the lady just kept saying she was going home in a confused tone they should have suspected something wasn’t mentally right with her and they should have been more accommodating.
It’s amazing how this officer just had no clue. It’s obvious this lady had an issue from first contact. You could see how clueless she was when she turned around. She had a confused look on her face and that was very clear.
There is just one major problem here. When the woman was stopped at the store by a store employee she offered the store employee her credit card to pay for the items she was walking out with. She offered to pay and instead the store employee said no and took the items back from her. Thus no crime was committed.
This is why I teach my children to respect the law and authority, but always keep your guard up around the police.
I disagree. They showed just enough force to restrain the perpetrator at the time of confrontation
Thank God we have officers out there protecting Walmart from losing $13 what would our world be like without them complete chaos
The way the cop physically, without speaking, threatened to destroy her shoulder when he was saying don’t kick at her terrifies me. He could have ruined her rotator cuff just with how he was pressing her arm.
The cop’s tone of voice genuinely upsets me. It’s so condescending I’m disgusted and if I met him in a bar or something I don’t think I could hold a conversation longer than 20 seconds with him.
That’s why these cameras are so important. Cops like these need to be held accountable. The fact that they tried covering their tracks makes this far worse. We need to normalize disciplining officers who abuse their power more.
I used to do undercover loss prevention and it was a district supervisor where I live. Why in the hell didn’t the Walmart employees let her to pay for the items and leave. I hope they got fired and get sued as well.
The manner in which she said “I’m going home” should have been an immediate indication that she is confused and not a threat.
>> Exactly. It shows the officers not only lack a brain, they also lack a heart.
>>  @utubepunk  having people skills is frowned upon within most police departments

>> The fact she was 80 pounds should have made it clear she wasn’t a threat.

>> They should know signs of dementia. They know every side effect of drug use, they should know mental health as well. I’m going home is something I heard my grandpa say many many times.

>> Repetitive and disjointed speach, no sense of surroundings , inability to ascertain a situation. Clear signs of mental illness. Maybe drug abuse. But that’s a grandma who lost her marbles and is in need of help, not policing.

>> Attempting to delete body cam footage? That’s corruption at its core. Punching down and chest bumping during and after the incident infuriates me. Glad justice was served on the police for misconduct.

The most disgusting thing is their happy tone the entire time. They became police to harm people without fear of reprisal and accountability. Think how many more of them there are.
I didnt know that trying to pay for items you forgot to pay for and having the items taken back and then leaving counted as stealing, attempting to steal or warranted being tackled.
Scary how much fun he was having and how condescending he was to the citizen that confronted him
This situation boils my blood as former LEO. I was giving the officers the benefit of the doubt at the beginning. No way they could know she had dementia and she wasn’t a habitual shop lifter. But the way treated her without any medical attention and she laid on that bench in pain while they watched the body cam footage and celebrated the arrest of a 5 foot 80 lbs grandma, is disgusting. The reason they watch the footage was because of that concerned person witnessing the excessive force so they could come up with an excuse if he filed a complaint.
Something similar happened in my town. They arrested her and then released her in the middle of the night with no phone or care. She was found wandering the streets by her family a day later

Amazing ID Refusal – Extreme ego check

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/3iLQN5lDE8c” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

This cop is an huge embarrassment to all law enforcement officers …he yells and screams at the citizen, but when he gets on the radio, or his own supervisor approaches, he completely changes his demeanor .

 

If I was sitting on a police review board I would recommend this officer for a psych test and retraining. I see 2 major issues here. 1) His main job was to back up his partner. Hard to do that when your not backing up your partner. 2) He took a supervisor away from her job. He knew exactly what the law was and tried intimidation to get his way all he ended up doing was failing to do his job.
What’s crazy is cops like this get promotions instead of being fired like they should be
It’s worrying to have anyone walking the street who is unstable, but even more worrying when the unstable person is wearing a police uniform and carrying a gun. The miserable looking sergeant took no control of the situation whatsoever and allowed the unstable cop to keep ranting over her and she even condoned his worrying behaviour by saying that’s what he’s like. An appalling example of policing that gets a zero out of ten.
Funny how he changed his story. Both of these cops are liars.
OK, this cop is certifiably crazy! He has ranted for over a minute straight and says he is not the one creating a scene? Wow, denial ain’t just a River in Egypt.
The cop was so afraid of this guy that he turned his back on him, hilarious
This is a perfect example of what’s wrong with law enforcement today, officers forget who they work for.
Remember it is legal for a cop to lie to you. You can not trust anything they say so don’t you say anything to them.
It’s funny how he talks so normal to his sergeant but he was so loud and aggressive and raspy to the auditor
IF I were this officers Chief, I truly would tell this cop to calm down for his own good.
He comes across as ineffective and hostile.
“Did I ask you for ID?” The level of cowardess once his boss was there is amazing… She says “No, he explained to me pretty well”… What did he explain? Surely not told the truth. I’d pull up the bodycam footage and send it to her… is that what he explained to you pretty well? I guess not.
Maybe that cop met the first citizen who ain’t afraid of his loud and deep voice and attitude at all. He clearly changed his manner during the interaction. That filming guy was so calm and did a great job!
Between cowardly cops and covid I’m really tired of the word safety. It’s just like crying wolf too many times.
And that’s exactly why we need to film The Police because we know exactly what they are capable of doing so for our safety and our fellow civilians safety we need to police you Mr officer
Most people crack under that type of pressure, that’s why even after knowing the law most officers continue to ask for ID.
Camera guy handled that very well. Even made the cop laugh cause he realized how ridiculous his little rant was
Amazing how they ask “what, you have something to hide?” when their aggressive verbage and demands are because they have something to hide!
I love the way they CHOOSE to come up to harass photographers but it’s always the photographers fault that the cop made that decision!! UNBELIEVEABLE!
Yes they can ask for ID, but being told a dozen or so times” no”, is hardly vague. Asked and answered 12+ times. That’s attempted harassment and intimidation,grind you down til you (may) give in.
What a punk. There is no reason for this contact except to attempt to intimidate this photographer. He can ask all day and no one is obligated to give up their rights. These cops know the law and choose to ignore it because they can violate people’s rights with impunity.
I’m a roofer, I’ve fallen from 2 story houses for almost any reason as simple as looking down. My jobs way more dangerous then any cop. They mostly die from pulling people over on the freeway to rob them. Can’t feel bad for a crook!
So by the officer’s logic the photographer is creating a disturbance if he films them without identifying himself. And not creating a disturbance if he does identify. This cop has lost his shit, I really hope he watches this video and sees how stupid he sounds! Photographer your policy is to identify, officer yeah and your policy is, photographer I don’t have a policy, I’m dying over here. This cop is killing me, gunphones oh my God, we need more interaction with this officer.
Shoot.. classic roid-rage! Scary that there are folks like him walking around out there with badges and guns. Sad to see the lady cop put her head in the sand and cover for his obnoxious behavior. No good will come from protecting a guy like him. Next time he will cause bodily hard or perhaps kill someone and then what will she say… “no I don’t see a problem – he explained it to me and makes sense”? This guy is the type to get butt-hurt easily and I can see him planting drugs on people down the line or giving the next guy he comes upon a beating because that guy isn’t holding a camera phone… bummed to see this happen
No one needs to imagine how many law abiding citizen’s this out of control paranoid cop has f’d with over the years and how many he’s falsely arrested for HIS ego and butthurt. That dude has zero business being police, he’s disgrace. And tell the next grandma that shows up who backs up the paranoid losers that she is dismissed and can go have her prune juice. You good cops out there and yes there are some, you don’t have to wonder why so much of the public despises you now. There are hundreds if not thousands of videos like this and far worse of batshit cops trying to intimidate, threaten, falsely arrest, and brutalize law abiding citizens. Your fellow cops have earned the disdain and in many cases hatred.
“I think we are all on the same page” She was deliberately saying “you know we violate rights and intimidate the public, and we know we violate rights and intimidate the public”
Gotta love how these cops dance all around what they really think, and that is they have a badge and they can do whatever they want to you because your nothing.
When a cop says filming is stopping them from doing their job that means they’re unfit/incompetent for the job and they’re suffering from a.d.d. They need to turn in the badge and quit.
This cop is a flagrant intimidator. What you prefer, he will violate. He tries to install a policy on your side, and then tells you he has “a right” to ask you for ID. This is true, but you have a right to decline. Now, back to the Constitution and your oath – what was that about rights? Officer safety is one form of blame shift. But they also use YOUR safety to direct you into what they want. They authorize themselves to have authority over you and “safety” is their way in, but they work each side to qualify your rights. Nothing this cam man is doing gives the cop anything to work with. This cop isn’t just bad. He’s outta date. Sounds like he took his test when the qualifications to be a cop were relaxed or set lower. Actually, he sounds like an a$sh*le. How’d you like having that voice in your ear, being his wife. Ugh…!
Sergeant: “No… he’s just like that.” Me: “Well then maybe he shouldn’t be interacting with the public… find him a nice desk somewhere so he doesn’t make your department look bad.”
This guy HAS to be a former marine drill sgt. Just look at his stance, demeanor, hair and graveley voice. He is NOT used to being told no. Great job by the auditor standing his ground!
I live in Milwaukee and I had my rights violated so many, many times with the Milwaukee police department and surrounding counties we need more auditors HYPOCRISY AT IT’S BEST
For someone concerned about his safety he sure is quick to turn his face away and look away when he talks on the radio.
He’s one of those guys who scored too low on the ASVAB to be allowed in any branch of the military.
I worked with a guy with a voice like that and he was just as aggressive and loud. But as soon as the boss was around, so quiet and calm. Pissed me off so much I quit. Asshole wins again….
Lol, this cop should have just asked one question then left. I’m sure his boss was real happy to be called out to that urgent matter 😂.
It absolutely drives me nuts when law enforcement officers abuse and violate people. I watch to be educated. What these auditors are doing is priceless.
Old video. But, when ever a cop wonders why you won’t provide ID, ask for theirs right back. “Are you trying to hide something?”
I love how he says he’s worried about the drivers safety and his partner but stands in front of you the entire time. Next time ask him why He’s claiming he’s worried for their safety, since the supreme Court said they have no duty to protect civilians. Also the next time one of them says in this day and time and all the things that are happening – ask what things exactly is he talking about because I would be willing to bet he couldn’t name even one. Ask why he’s so worried about his safety when his job doesn’t even rank the top 10 most dangerous jobs you can have. They continually show that the things they say are nothing but propaganda with no basis in reality.
What a big box of rocks that cop is. He’s the one that’s escalating this entire thing. He should be doing his job in shutting his mouth. This shows just how intelligent and professional that he is 😡
12:30 – So because the rare concern comes up, EVERYBODY is a suspect, everybody is potentially a criminal. Right? So this cop admitted they see each person as a threat – “you know how it is out there.” So, what? There is one in 40,000 who would harm a cop, and that increases with population. Now we find justification for how THE PEOPLE are treated, and rights are violated under an assumption that you are already something you aren’t yet. Same thing with this cop. You are exercising your rights, where you should be, and then he conveys what your lawful actions ARE into what he needs to make them, by context. Sorry, dumb cop. You can’t reassign an ‘action’ (toward intent) because laws can’t be installed to contravene the Constitution and our rights. See how “they” corrupt the view, the perspective? It’s less obvious these days but “they” still do it. “They” just don’t insist it the same way. After all, “what ate you gonna do about it?”

Cops are trained to catastrophize and treat citizens as if it is a worst case scenario

Imagine being so insecure and cowardly that you treat others with such disregard. That officer is a disgrace.

 

 

Great job officer. You really have the publics trust now.
You are spot on. The majority of cops are children. Arrested Development. They are not professionals under any reasonable American definition under the purview of any professional state licensing board. They are not officers, because they are neither in the military or college graduates. Cops receive less than 1/3 of the state mandated training hours required of barbers and beauticians. And they come nowhere near the number of training hours required of every single tradesman (Electricians, Plumbers, etc.) in every state. Tradesmen measure their training hours in years; cops in hours.
The public are the enemy in the eyes of the law.
If these cops put all that energy they use to harass the cameramen into fighting crimes they would not have time to be harassing people over some bs. This cop is acting so childish and unprofessional.
Like I always say… We the people are guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of law enforcement
He just admitted that they have a confrontational mindset 100% of the time, that’s so dangerous for members of the community
Does anybody know the legal definition of the word de-escalation? Because from what I read and what I know the cops are doing just the opposite
What’s bothering me about this interaction is that this cop is acting so unreasonably this man did not bother the emergency worker because he assumed the man was attending to an emergency that would be the ambulance and fire and rescue so he went to the one vehicle who was standing alone outside of the situation looking for a human being in the car to speak with no one was there and deputy dog over there had a bar in his butt and instead of just approaching the Citizen and saying can I help you do you know we don’t want you too Close to the car or anything along those lines he begins immediately barking and then everything from that point forward is very sharp edged and testy rude and condescending. This is not how we mend community police relations cups like these need to be trained on how to speak to people if you’re immediate interaction with someone is rude and disrespectful or confrontational then the person you’re speaking with or at in this case is going to treat you with that same regard and that same energy. It all falls back to treat people the way you want to be treated. How can I trust someone who’s supposed to uphold the law and won’t even follow the policy of his own department. He has a job his employer says this is what I expect of you and he openly chooses not to fulfill that which is in his job description but I’m supposed to say even though he won’t do the simplest of things required by his job I should trust him to protect and serve my life and my community. That’s unreasonable
When they say “that’s great! I’m recording too” is an admission of either guilt or ignorance. They can’t wait to express how much they think know best. They don’t trust their own car locks, of course they don’t trust the community.
I was trained “treat everyone like your grandmother, but always have a plan to take them down.” But then again, my instructors were were cops back in the 80s in small towns so community policing was their forte.
“I’m a cop, we always assume the worst.” What a pitiful life he has.
.. This officer is highly unprofessional. He needs to understand who he works for and treat the citizens with respect. This is why officers like That earn the hate they get.
Cop: and this camera is recording too.
Auditor: we’ll see if that is true when I request it.
Here in the UK it was common for us military and the cops to be wary of anyone near our vehicles as we had plenty of colleagues murdered by car bombs fitted by terrorists – especially the IRA (that received quite a bit of funding and arms from America, but only a particular community knows that). By contrast the Americans haven’t had to examine their vehicles, personal or work, using mirrors and torches, but it’s something I still do despite having retired in 2008 after 30-years as a Royal Marine Commando!
There’s little to no reason for cops in a group to be paranoid especially to this degree. When was the last incident of an actual attack on a police car, let alone a police department? It hasn’t yet happened, but if the cops keep alienating the public there may come a time when the cops are considered to be the tyrants maintaining the status quo and thus justifiably a legitimate target.
It’s easy to foresee this, so why are the cops continuing to bully everyone they meet when a bit of civility, professionalism and empathy can prevent them from being the targets their deluded minds already believe them to be? Besides which, those targets on their backs were put there by themselves and there colleagues with every act of brutality, excessive use of force and killing of innocent civilians.
I’m pretty sure that cops are not taught (anymore) to treat the public with courtesy and respect. It would go AGAINST their training to treat every civilian as a potential threat.
These cops just show their true face every time they can’t get away with their intimidation. What is wrong with standing by a cop car? Or filming it? Then comes the officer safety spiel which they use as an excuse for their harassment. They forget the police cars belong to the people!
Lol mad about you putting that on replay. I’d like to add one more thing, them “recording” ISN’T reliable, even if the law states they MUST record, they can EASILY say they “lost” it, it was “stolen”, and/or use some other wack excuse to remove themselves from any accountability. I wish I would simply rely on them both in person AND on the phone, yes, I record that too.
What better way to escalate a forced contact where there is no controversy and blame the person that they contacted.
Wow, where do these people come from, that claim to be the guys in the white hats. I just don’t get it, these people really do think that they’re better than everyone else and that somehow we’re suppose to treat them as if they were the anointed ones.
The main reason most thug cops HATE to give their name and number is that would be taking a direct order from a lowly civilian. When you are strapped and badged, you do not answer to those lower life forms.

How Cops Create Mayhem From a Simple Inconvenience

Police refuses to call superviser at beginning of the stop, but says they will after the driver provides license and registration.

At the end of the contentious stop, the officer admits he never called a supervisor.

Do you still want a superviser?
No
That’s what I figured. That’s why I didn’t call them.

Cops Won’t Leave Biker Alone – ID Refusal

“You’re blocking the alley.” Proceeds to park 3 police cruisers blocking entire alley for 30 minutes

I love how the dad said “this is exactly why there’s a divide between the law and citizens”!

My dad was Detroit police officer for 35 years. I’ll never forget when he told me that some police forget they took a oath to protect and serve, not bother and harass.

The refusal of the Chief to meet up and the refusal to turn over the bodycam and dashcam footage tells us all we need to know, doesn’t it?

This guy is remarkably calm!! Police have COMPLETELY lost their moral authority!! You get respect from the public when u give it!

Imagine how these guys just go around harassing other people everyday who don’t stand up for their rights.

The insanity of all this is that they presumably stopped him for “blocking the alley”, even though he wasn’t, but they COMPLETELY blocked it for at least a half hour.

Ironic that the cops are “blocking the alley” the entire time they’re bothering this guy for not blocking the alley.

“There’s a disturbance in the area but we’re gonna have 3 officers stand here for 30 minutes while I try to illegally acquire your ID for your bike sticking out 6 inches” what a joke

These officers must’ve been bored out of their minds to hassle someone about something this petty

Imagine wanting to take a guy to jail on his own property for leaving his bike on his own land and pushing it