Link to research article mentioned in the video: https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?do…Reference: Kjærvik, S. L., & Bushman, B. J. (2021). The link between narcissism and aggression: A meta-analytic review. Psychological Bulletin. Advance online publication.
Learn the hidden signs someone is gaslighting.
- “That never happened.”
- “You’re too sensitive.”
- “You’re overreacting.”
- “It was just a joke.”
Gaslighting. It’s a term you’ve probably heard before, but the signs can be confusing. In this video, Dr. Ramani Durvasula and MedCircle host Kyle Kittleson discuss…
- What is gaslighting?
- What does gaslighting behavior look like?
- Why do narcissists gaslight / what is the goal of a narcissist when they gaslight?
- What are the 3 signs someone is gaslighting?
- What is deflection?
- What impact does this type of emotional manipulation have on someone’s mental health?
- What should someone do if they are experiencing this type of narcissistic abuse?
- What SHOULDN’T someone do when they are experiencing gaslighting?
- Why don’t narcissists like getting caught?
- What is the #1 surefire sign that you are being gaslighted?
Narcissists get away with bad behavior because they have no shame in who they hurt.