gmail address: timlangeman
phone: (1) 717.723.9898
twitter: Follow @timlangeman
I live in Akron, PA and work at PaulB Zimmeman, Inc as a Programmer/Analyst.
My personality type
Neotext: Open Source Project
I’ve created an open source WordPress plugin that allows web authors to demonstrate the context of their citations.
Web Material I’ve put together
- What the Creator of the Email Protocol can teach us about Politics and Religion
- Jon Postel said: “Be conservative in what you send and liberal in what you accept”.
- Journalists and Technologists Should Collaborate to Build More Trustworthy Media
- How technologists can build systems that allow writers to create more trustworthy content, including a description of my Neotext WordPress plugin.
- Review: Ted Nelson’s Philosophy of Hypertext
- Ted Nelson coined the word hypertext in 1962 and was the original visionary behind the world wide web. This article reviews his Ph.D. paper, written in 2003. (~11,000 words)
- What would Martin Luther Post today?
- If Martin Luther were alive today, what would be his message of reform and how would he post it?
- An Open Letter to Apple Enthusiasts
- I would be willing to pay 11% more for a more ethically-sourced iPad..
- Socratic Dialogue: The Consummation of Knowledge
- A little dialogue I wrote after taking an introduction to political philosophy class in college. At the time there was much talk about creating a framework for an electronic economy where “producers” would create “compelling content”, which would be “consumed” by “consumers”.
- Socratic Diaglog: Gorgias (Not my own, but compiled and formatted)
- Socrates discusses the nature of “rhetoric” and “justice” with a Sophist named Gorgias. Socrates argues that it is better to die a righteous victim than to kill, foreshadowing his own death and the death of Christ.
- Bicycling, Hiking
- Computers and their Social impact
- My parents, Ken and Marilyn
- My brother, Matt