Credit Suisse’s Matthew Rothman revisits the beginnings of the 2007 financial crisis with a look at what’s changed in the past ten years, and how today’s market fares in its current climate.
.. I had the opportunity to connect with James Kinson, host of the Cash Car Convert podcast.
James has a fun story to share and some great lessons to teach. He’s a long-time car guy who got the debt-free religion and changed his car-buying habits. To his delight, he’s wound up a good deal richer than ever before!
He’s got some great lessons to share and in this show we discuss:
- The impact a cash car can have on your wealth
- Leasing vs. buying
- Whether the advice to buy a good used car still applies in the modern day of higher repair bills.
Trump was basically running two sets of books to distort the amount that he owed the city.
- The auditors were physically blocked from accessing the books.
- A staggering amount of information was lost: 7 months out of 12 months of the data
- Trump offered the auditor’s brother a job.
- A city clerk mis-labeled the report
- Years later they reached an undisclosed settlement.
David Cay Johnston, investigative journalist and founder of DCReport.org, talks with Rachel Maddow about Donald Trump’s legal exposure through his financial records and why Trump’s legal representation isn’t what one would expect