Get ready for a theology nerd fiesta with Greg Boyd. Greg is the co-founder of Woodland Hills Church, where he currently serves as senior pastor, and the founder of Re|Knew. Greg is on talking about his new, two-volume book, The Crucifixion of the Warrior God. Over two volumes, Gregory A. Boyd argues that we must take seriously the full range of Scripture as inspired, including its violent depictions of God. At the same time, he affirms the absolute centrality of the crucified and risen Christ as the supreme revelation of God.
In this episode, Tripp and Greg talk about:
- how to understand the “violent God” of the Old Testament
- the revelation of God and the role the cross plays in it
- the role the warrior God passages played in the Roman empire
- the cosmic conflict narrative, where the cross is the final battle between God and cosmic powers
- plus, how we fit the demonic into our worldview today