Councilman says everyone’s views will be respected and allowed to speak without interruption, then proceeds to interrupt and disrespect the citizen. A coward and a tyrannical hypocrite.
This needs to be taught and instilled to our children, and repeated over and over by grown adults: “the price of freedom is eternal vigilance…”
This is absolutely atrocious. His right to address his government is being stomped on. I appreciate that the police did not prevent him from speaking but they should have gone further and had this disruptive councilman removed. He had no right to behave this way. It’s his job to shut up and listen to the people. This country is just completely off the rails. The inmates are running the asylum and the majority of our citizens have no clue or concern. It’s so frightening.
Unlawful to interrupt a citizen in a public forum once they begin their allotted time. This Councilman should know this, so should the officers. There is no “back and forth” or debating during public forum. What a slimeball., file an injunction against the entire board. That was despicable.
He’s NOT ALLOWED to interrupt public comments. The public has a statutory right to comment on public policy UNMOLESTED.Like this dude is literally asserting himself as a despot and attempting to silence people. When this is seen there should be IMMEDIATE ACTION.The real story here was the guy sitting in the back of the room, trying to get the guy speaking thrown out, so an officer made him sit down and stood next to him to intimidate him! Lol!Purpose of meetings is for the public to voice out grievances!!! SO the government MUST LISTEN CAREFULLY AND FULLY SO THE PUBLIC WILL BE SATISFY OF WHERE TAXPAYERS GOES AND FOR WHAT IT IS SPENT!!!!“Everyone should be protected unless you’re going to criticize me” is what he was trying to sayBlatantly interrupting and not allowing the member of the public to speak openly. Just because he doesn’t like what is being said he doesn’t have the power to be the only person to speak uninterrupted. He is abusing his power.The COURT actually said he could NOT post on social MEDIA???? WTF? You only need watch this councilman react to earned criticism with an attempt to overstep his authority as well as VIOLATE HIS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.i like how the council member talks about respect but have no clue what respect means , also complains about being intrupted but then intrupts him , open mic mean FREE SPEACH. and also WELL DONE cops upholding this guys rightsI’ve called “points of order” in two different commission meetings (one city and one county) and both were actually handled appropriately.What a crooked city council, nobody says anything about this man’s rights, shame, disgrace, dirty councilman.If they’re doing this criminal action in plain view what are they doing behind closed doors….???The councilman doesn’t understand that his feelings mean absolutely nothing and he’s clearly disregarding case law and federal law. This man needs to be voted out of his position and charged for suppressing his 1st amendment right as well as stopping his time to take a break cause they did t like what was being said, these people are spineless and ignorant beyond belief. These officers need to stop approaching the man speaking trying to intimidate him to stop. Please file an injunction against the meeting and members.When a councilman thinks he’s in charge of everything instead of working FOR the peopleChristo needs to do this the next time they pull that shit, state plainly on camera the following verbatim. “By interrupting my time you’ve violated my rights and standing case law, and have committed felonies under 18 USC 241 and 242. At this time every member before me who has acted to prevent me from speaking during the period of public commentary is under citizen’s arrest and hereby remanded into the custody of the officers standing in session and witness to the aforementioned crimes.” The officers will have no other choice but to arrest every council member in the room.Absolutely runs away on this guy’s of a recess just to shut him up since the cops wouldn’t remove himI would have demanded my 6 uninterrupted 6 minutes. Why does the council hear personal attacks but the speaker is describing actions done or not done by the council. Calling them names just plays into their hands. You have reams of actions by these people. Use that to your benefit. No matter what you use to describe them honestly still slows your cause. Constructive argument and FACTS. My granny used to say “Kill”em with kindness“. Sounds kind of simple but you cant fight someone who is smiling and speaking in a harmonious tone as your words cuts them with a thousand cuts. I’ve never mastered it. I tend to go straight at it then let my wife tear them a new one.Isn’t Joshi the guy who had his uncle take the blame for pulling campaign signs from peoples yards; and he still got elected mayor? The “dumbing down is real.Funny how the cops came over to Christo, instead of going after the Councilman that is breaking the law.I don’t understand how the court can prohibit a person from posting on YouTube while their case is pending, I imagine that stipulation is part of the bond agreement. That being said, others can post whatever that stipulation keeps him from posting.The saddest thing about this meeting is that there were no other speakers and only one crazy person in the room in the corner. We are doomed!Why are the cops not taking the council member to jail for breaking the law.Public comments do not have to be about the business at hand. These people are truly corrupt. We all need to start going to all city council meetings. The shit they do there is astonishing.Mayor has a bathroom break directly after a recess…imagine thatMayor has a bathroom break directly after a recess…imagine thatHe need’s to get his minute’s back’ The constant interruptions & threats to have him removed 😡😡The cops ain’t gonna waste time for a pointless arrest again. He never gets charged in the end so why do it.Voicing grievances is allowed. But I find if you do it with respect and not contempt, it speeds the success of resolve.
Wow this woman is a hell of a woman, she put her life on the line, to speak the truth, you don’t see bravery like this everyday, the world need more peoples like her
Alcoholism red faced, attitude, temper and his body language all speaks volumes about this good Ole boy. He’s a crook.As a weed aficionado; I can tell you that weed will never make you impulsively jump off a bridge.Man, that dude has one cold look in his eyes. That’s scary when a “police officer” is looking at you like the only thing they would like to do in that moment is to take your life. He said he wasn’t angry but, anyone watching this can see he’s fuming.The guilt run all over his face when she said you killed your wife! She smoked his ass!!His body language speaks volumesAnd that public meeting needs to be investaged too for corruptionAccess to a public meeting being denied is very troubling. Being the only one denied access means you are over the target and talking the truth!I remember you share this a couple weeks ago, I checked her stuff out after ..she’s brave for sure.. but needs to have someone with her when she’s out there. She’s pulling skeletons out of others peoples closets and they will do anything to keep them there… even if they have to add another inside.Hope somebody is keeping an eye out in case that lady needs help if she is by herself you know they will retaliateWatch his face expression very closely when he says tragedy. It shines of guiltAnd by the way your dad’s very proud of you and I’m glad that you taking and following his footsteps you can carry on the torch 🔦I learned in anger management classes that arms crossed in front of you is a sign of defense and holding something that you are trying not to let anyone know about.Appreciate the extra info. I have a question. What was the otopsy report say about thought boys coming up dead.The strength of her truth was amazing to experience wowIf you had to draw a clan member how far would you be off from describing this guyOne common thread with all these videos we need to get rid of the Old GuardsI’ve seen this one before and that woman needs to get security cameras on our house and somebody knows where she is 24/7 because these people are murderers. Look at the way the sheriff reacted when she said that he killed his wife. Instant rage. Stone killer
“Soliciting without a permit”
“Whatever you’re soliciting…”
“you don’t even know what I’m doing?”
“what are you soliciting?”
- They wanted to arrest him and take his kids to protective so the parents would have a case with CPS , any thing to destroy a family for no reason
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ expand_text=”Show More” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]
***CORRECTION*** Mr. Marshall would not have been legally obligated to present his ID unless he had been arrested at the time of the command. Michigan is not a stop and ID state, meaning that more than RAS is required to compel citizens to present ID.
- Imagine if police officers could be personally fined for unlawfull actions.
- I love how cops are like “we don’t know why people don’t trust us”
- Man I can’t imagine how ruined this guy’s life would be been without this wonderful woman
- How could the cops be expected to know about a civil law that’s been around for only 400 yrs?
- They had no problem trying to ruin this man’s life with a felony. Sorry isn’t enough.
- They wanted to arrest him and take his kids to protective so the parents would have a case with CPS , any thing to destroy a family for no reason
- You can tell that cop who initiaties the whole thing is really a dangerous guy. Its all about flexing power for him.
- Both deputies should be fired. I understand the deputy wearing the glasses was fired, but the other one that stood by, watched, and did nothing to protect the victim from an unlawful arrest is just as guilty as the other. Both deputies are guilty PERIOD.
- Love how the homeowner knows that petitioning is a constitutionally protected right
- I love how down for the cause this random woman is. She’s just like, ‘oh word Officer? It’s like that?’ lol she’s not cool with their Gestapo tactics
- The irony of him trying to obtain signatures for fair rights and then illegitimately cuffed is kinda amazing
- I’m really impressed by the lady filming. She knew her shit and certainly conveyed it effectively and coherently. I wonder why she has to know all this, looks like this type of shit happens often around where she lives and she forced to have to know all these things. Sue the crap out of the department.
- Some cops demand a “yes Master” attitude from citizens.
- Ms Totsky is incredible. just unrelenting. perfectly handled to how she addressed the child situation then right back on the attack. total pro.
- “Don’t mess with my rights” . How is such a powerful statement like that so easily overlooked by these two people?
- Unchallenged power is like a drug and it numbs people who wield it.
- because your first amendment is just an illusion or something told to a toddler to feel special
- Shout out to the neighbor too! Looking out for him and the kids.
- The shitty thing about all these cases is that the money that is paid out in these lawsuits is taxpayer money. What needs to happen is the money comes off their budget & then will start seeing some results.
- Funny how the average person, with absolutely no police training/education, can have a better grasp of the law and our constitutional rights than the officers that are supposed to enforce those laws and protect those rights.
- My props to the neighbor lady. I’m glad there’s more of us who are becoming outraged over racist and/or power hungry cops! I think both played a role here. Just my opinion. We all need to stand strong with other folks who are being treated unjustly. It’s absurd and pathetic that cops like this even exist! Officers used to be heroes and now they’ve become villains.
- That was literally the most racially profiling and unreasonable search and arrest of a citizen that I have seen on this yet! The audacity of these officers challenging somebody on their own property is mind-boggling!
- The truly tragic part of this interaction — there are two small children who have the majority of their lifetimes to not trust and/or hate police. Great job tyrant thugs.
- Ms Totzke also has every right to sue: the deputies were abrogating her First Amendment rights too by denying her the right to participation in the political process.
- Once again, all this injustice starts with an anonymous phone call from a Karen…if wrongly detained, these officers need to be held accountable AND these no life having 911 callers who get scared when they see black people minding their business..
- This arrest truly breaks my heart. What bothers me most is the cop without the cap KNEW what was happening was WRONG in every sense of the word. When a good cop won’t stand up against a BAD cop, all trust is lost in this institution of law enforcement. This was only an act being perpetrated by a BULLY!!! The cop needs to go. Unfortunately, he will just move on to another town. HEART BREAKING
- I’ve lived in Battle Creek my whole life and had no idea of this incident. Thank you for sharing, I am currently involved with the protection of rights and civil liberties in this city and this is great information to have.
- Its BLATANTLY obvious that this Cop made the decision to arrest this man when he approached him with handcuffs in his hand already. Then he dodges every legitimate statement and question that both of these citizens present to him. There REALLY needs to be more done whenhiring these cops to determine who is right and wrong for this type of work.
Just the look on the deputy’s face while talking… It takes a different kind of strength not to fight back.
- of everything this lady did right, keeping those kids safe until she was able to personally deliver them to family, she is an angel.
- Bless that homeowner for not backing down and sticking up for him!
- A repeated theme I hear in these cases is officer lack of training. For most of these officers training has nothing to do with it. They let their ego and temper control the situation and abuse their power.
- I love how the gal took complete ownership of her friend’s rights being trampled, and correctly viewed that as her own rights being trampled. If you observe wrong being done right in front of you and don’t speak out, how can you expect to have someone come to your defense when you’re the one being wronged
- you need to institute an “F minus” mark for situations like this.
- The lady is brilliant. They was wrong for this. They all stayed calm and made sure the children stayed calm too. It’s just disgraceful that this goes on so much. Smh
- You go girl!!!! So proud of her. We all need neighbours like this lady.
- Mr. Marshall was much more composed than I could have been in the same situation. I admire his patience and self confidence.
- It amazes me that when you don’t obey their commands. All a sudden they egos steps a break their own laws by making up laws to put you in cuffs. It also seems that Officers hate being wrong ergo the the ego again.
- Got to love how the sheriffs dept still defended him by claiming he was right just not in that county. Sorry but collecting signatures is legal in all jurisdictions. It’s called the 1st amendment.
- Caller: “hey there’s a BLACK man out here trying to fight for our rights and make our community safer… can you come arrest him and let him know he has no rights and is not safe” Dispatcher: for sure I have the perfect pair of officers.
- …it is clear from the video that the deputies had no interest in carrying out a legitimate investigation to determine the legality of Mr. Marshall’s conduct…🔥🔥🔥🔥💯
- A 911 call was logged on the basis of suspected solicitation?! The energy levels of the deputies was way outta proportion to the situation from the very beginning. I might be able to go along with them trying to legitimately establish his residency on that property to eliminate trespassing concerns but that’s about it.
- The hateful & arrogant look on that cops face, tells you everything about him.
- Man, when AtA ends up going all the way back to the Magna Carta, you know you effed up.
- I love how the second officer was so ashamed that he left without saying a thing
- This one really pissed me more the usual. What a piece of trash. The cop literally went out looking to bully people. Hope he felt like a big man. Definitely deserves to lose his job and any benefits
- “Transparency and honesty to our community is the foundation to all of our success.” This from the Sheriff … who will not release the name of the deputy. How is that transparency?
- Thank you Mrs. Totsky for standing up for your neighbor. Also, I am so glad that the officer was terminated. However, I’m pretty sure he just went to another office and was hired. That ability to be rehired is a disservice to peaceful citizens.
- Seriously this is why people have serious problems with cops. This shit gives me heartburn.
- Can you give the deputy a double Z- for a lower grade than an F
- After watching so many of these interactions the default response the police have is stating “hindering* whenever something doesn’t go their way.
- Thank GOD for good neighbors and citizen’s who refuse to allow crooked cops to infringe on our rights!
- There are so many of these videos that could have been resolved had the officers approached these non-violent situations with a little more understanding and a WILL to hear people out.
- What is unbelievable is that without cameras this guy would be a convicted felon and that is why these police officers need to lose their badge and go to jail
- That’s was awesome! And has the proper ending with the cop losing his job. That was ridiculous. Here is a man that is a good father, good role model, model citizen, pillar of his community and it was evident just by looking at things in front of the officer. Definitely a penis envy arrest. Every neighborhood should be so lucky to have a dude like this taking initiative and making the neighborhood safer, better, raising property value. What’s not to like?
- What’s funny is that the second officer definitely did not want to do what they were doing. He was just caught up in it and had to go with his partner.
- He didn’t have to go with his partner. he could have spoken up for what was right. The good cops need to control the bad cops, otherwise they are all bad cops.
- You ppl at naive if u think that blue line of silence is going to be broken that easily
- @Gundawindy Ricketts Exactly. This fraternity and blue line bullshit with garbage qualified immunity is all part of the problem. Start arresting and charging corrupt officers, DA, and judges with crimes as normal citizens and it will reform real quick. Being put on paid/unpaid leave is not a punishment, and they should not be allowed to be hired in other counties or cities.
- No he didn’t. He could have pulled his partner aside and said…Man I don’t think this is an issue. Let’s let it ride…but he didn’t. And because of that he is at fault too.
- Yet another example of what society gets when we encharge our law enforcement to individuals with only a high school level education and an academy that is the academic the equivalency of summer school for most 1st yr JC, college students.
- this needs to keep on until it costs cities more in wrongful arrest compensation than they’re saving in under-training and under-educating their police.
- I have been watching this channel for 2 days straight as I just found it and this case blows my mind more than most. A: He is being accused of soliciting B: He is being told by the person on whose property the police is on, confirming that he is not soliciting. That alone should have been enough. I could go on but this is a blatant case of power tripping in it’s finest. I am relieved to hear that this police officer has been fired. Excessive use of undue unlawful power in it’s finest.
- I feel like so many of these officers would learn so much if their goal truly is, and stays throughout an interaction, to maintain the peace. This is a direct example of how police involvement led to an unnecessarily escalated conflict (likely due to their egos getting hurt)
- I recommend that all cops from now on use a hiring method of any cop new or old to go through an ego and control evaluation and training to determine if they are even qualified to be around anyone on the field. Not all cops are this way but this cop on here has a control problem
- These thugs have become so used to violating people’s rights that it becomes second nature to them. Qualified immunity needs to be removed.
- One thing I’ve learned by watching a lot of these videos is how difficult it is for some cops to disengage once it is determined that no crime is being committed. I would bet that you could find that officers are less likely to disengage when the ‘suspect’ is a POC, especially if it the suspect is a black man. I think that this type of behavior is what fuels black mistrust of the police much more than the high-profile shootings / killing do. It sucks that Mr. Marshall had to go through this; however, I’m hopefully that, by recording these types of interactions will allow them to be used in training more even-minded and professional police.
- “If you want to test a man’s character, give him power” – Abraham Lincoln
- Police immunity should be removed from Law Enforcement for this very reason. Training should include Customer Service.
- This is outrageous. I can’t believe they really did all this while knowing they were being filmed too. Chilling to think then how they behave when they know no one is watching. The nerve!! That man did NOTHING!
- “we’ll figure that later” is the cherry on top of ingoring the request to give name and badge number. While being video recorded. I facepalmed so hard I now have a hand tattoo on my face
- Watching these videos and thinking about my adolescence in Baltimore… makes me realize how many times my rights where violated by Baltimore city police. I’ve been cuffed, slammed on the hood, searched and detained three times just because I was well dressed.. literal words from the cops mouth.
- I need you to read to me for nighty night time. 30% of the reason I watch these is how articulate, calm, and concise you are in these videos.
- Too many times we see so called law enforcement getting an “F” because of ego tripping self righteousness.
- Here’s my problem. More times than not, even AFTER the cities or counties have paid out huge lawsuits, these Bozo’s are more often than not, still LEO, somewhere.
- The best part…”yall messed up, ya messed up.” Officer Pudgy’s expression was worth his weight of gold!!
- “You’re under arrest!” – For what? “We’ll figure that out!”
- I’m on the side of the police when they are right. In this video, the man being arrested is right.
- Learn the Law Follow the Law Especially if you are supposed to enforce it!!!
- “I’m dealin’ with him not you.” The goddamn arrogance and ego it must take to say that to someone on that person’s property is staggering.
- Sad to see police officers in my own hometown be so bad at their profession
- Two years to be a hairdresser. Six months to be a cop…. Where’s the problem here?
- The officer should have been arrested for the felony of violating this man’s civil rights.
- Deprivation of rights under color of law.
- This has been taking place since 1836 with the opening of the first full time police department in Boston Massachusetts. If this is going to change, the first step is to devolve all city police, place them under the Sheriff.
- So this good samaritan is actually trying to improve his community with no expectation of compensation going above and beyond his civic duties and some cops come harrass him. This type of shit makes me seriously angry.
- What it boils down too is having to record everything all the time. That’s why I have a phone holder on my dashboard. If I ever get pulled over, my camera is going
- it really angers me how these cops do what ever they want with citizens i know we have rights but cops dont care
- This proves why any contact with police should be avoided whenever possible
- 6 months of training is not sufficient, they literally can destroy someone’s life with legal actions. END QUALIFIED IMMUNITY
- Trying to do something good for his community and this is what happens. Absolutely disgusting turn of events. I’d love to have neighbours like him and the woman who was filming.
- “put your hands behind your back”
- “I’m not doing anything illegal”
- “We don’t know that, put your hands behind your back”
- “I’m getting signatures”
- “You’re soliciting, put your hands behind your back”
- “That’s not illegal”
- “We can’t think of anything else to do, we’re very low skilled individuals”
- In the cops mind, it’s too much work to investigate what crime has been commited. Even if no crime has been committed, as long as a person makes a call, and police make contact, you’ve commited a crime and are going to jail. No questions asked.
- This is possibly the most disturbing video I’ve watched on this channel, and that’s saying a lot. I am so disgusted by the officers’ absolute disregard for the law, civil rights, police procedure and just all logic. Losing their jobs is not enough. They need to go to prison and this man needs to sue that police department into bankruptcy.
- This is a prime example of why we should always video any and all interactions with the police. Things can go sideways quick.
- “How many times I gotta tell you to turn around and put your hands behind your back?” You gotta keep saying it until it’s a lawful order silly billy.
- Imagine all those victims before because no cameras or phones caught such pieces of shit.
- I was one of those victims from the LAPD in the late 80’s….that’s why when the King recording came out, I was SHOCKED someone got it on video
- Oh they were and are commonplace. It sucks because there ARE many police departments across North America which are exactly what you’d hope they’d be, but since policing is such a necessarily invasive act (not in a bad way, just objectively by nature), the failures and crimes of bad officers and departments often have especially serious impacts on individuals’ lives.
- Good cops do a job that does need doing, and that most of us really don’t want to do ourselves. I still agree with nation-wide police reform, up to the federal level of police regulation, and not just in the US, but certainly there first.
- @Smile & Be Happy I think Ryleigh doesn’t understand that cops like these do dirty things to people of color because of qualified immunity. With video of them committing battery and assault they don’t fear any punishment at all.
- General question: can you get police removed from your property, like trespassing?
- What’s ironic is, the officers are refusing to provide their own personal information as they commit a crime and are arresting him for ‘obstruction’ of a crime that doesn’t exist.
- As a former resident of BC, I’m telling you this is how this counties cops have always been…above the law and people are nothing. Especially if you have issues beyond your control, they treat you like dirt
- We had such high hopes for the unnamed deputy, he graduated at the top of his class
- And again , if there was no one recording this tyranny who knows what would have happened to this man.. felony resisting? Tf??!!??
- 13:34 I find this very troubling, for there is no part of the LEO conduct in the video that could possibly be lawful anywhere in the U.S.A., so to say that he was enforcing ordinances that are valid in other areas is either the scariest thought possible or a flat out lie. I’m going to go with lie so the public does not scream for prosecution of yet another thug with a badge. 18USC241 seems rather appropriate. Administrative leave is more condoning the behavior than anything, it amounts to a paid vacation.
- This happens way too many times and it needs to stop
- The ‘silent’ officer in the background who bought the business card knew it was all wrong! His behaviour when he handed over that card to her statements spoke louder than any words!
- “We have a caller” Translation: we can do what we want, and you have no rights unless we let you have them.
- I feel so bad for the good cops who are being judged because of tyrants like this! The guy was doing nothing wrong!
- When the interaction started, I would have requested a supervisor on the scene now.
- These police are literally ignoring the property owner who they were basically trespassing. Wow this has me heated.
- Even in states that “claim” to be stop and ID states still must have RAS of a crime to ID or detain you.
- Another example of why I LOVE good cops.
- What we need to remember also is the police are usually called in by a neighbor.
- “I’m collecting signatures”
- “Signatures for what?”
- “It doesn’t matter”
- The irony is amazing
- I swear most of those videos could’ve ended in less than a minute if everybody did what that lawyer in Alabama did. When cops want to arrest you for false accusations just go with it, comply and remain silent. When they take you in, get a lawyer and congrats for the money you’re about to make. But making a scene and giving the cops a lot of points to argue with against you?!
- “there was a phone call”
- Apparently that line can have all your rights violated.
- These seem like cops that have a very strong understanding of the impunity that the qualified immunity grants them
- What I find even more frustrating is that “solicitation” is what the 911 caller said it might be, and nobody, from the dispatcher on down to the Barney Fife the idiot who arrested the guy neither knew nor bothered to look up if “solicitation” was even a thing in their municipality.
- For the record: This didn’t happen in Battle Creek, it happened in Springfield, a small city completely surrounded by Battle Creek in the northern part of the city.
- I live one county north, less than 30 miles away, and I’m familiar with the area.
- 10:44 his silence spoke volumes….he knew they were done