Several police officers take it upon themselves to detain Philip Turner to force him to produce identification, even though they tell him that they know he is a first amendment auditor. (They mention the fact that they are familiar with his YouTube channel and tell him “this isn’t working out like you expected”.
- When a cop says he’s not gonna argue with you, it’s because he knows he’s violating your rights and that he’s wrong. He’ll just throw you in a cage regardless, and let you have your day in court. Take away their precious qualified immunity, and watch the magic happen.
- Sadly, this cop has been doing this to citizens for years, totally ignorant of the law. They, however, messed with the wrong guy.
- I love it when an arrogant tyrant is SO sure of himself he openly mocks someone who knows the law and his mouth walks himself right off the cliff. His frequent comments about YouTube and his “I know this isn’t working out like you expected” comment is just icing on the cake. I’m having a very hard time not jumping to the original video… so I hope Part 3 is out soon! 😂😉👍
- Wow this officer’s ignorance of the law is embarrassing and his arrogance is shameful! This video will follow him for the rest of his career.
- I can’t imagine how many lives this cop has ruined and I hope he is no longer in a position of authority and no longer has the ability to interact with anyone.
- The “1 bad apple” philosophy is probably the scariest part of this for me. As a sargent the amount of other officers he may have influenced is terrifying. When you multiply that exponentially to who those officers have influenced it seems the cancer of ignorance is going to spread far faster than the education he received here.
- “Investigatively Detained?” In other words, we have no lawful reason so we’re trying to find one. 🤷
- One of the things I love about Batman is , he is a bonafide auditor. A real auditor is never afraid of being arrested when he or she knows the law is on his/her side. Stand your ground and get paid later. What baffles me is the prosecutors who actually agree to prosecute cases like these. If a prosecutor is stupid enough to accept a case like this, he or she should be disbarred.
- I’ve learn so much watching these videos. I’m baffled as to why there are so many audit videos showing Officers who clearly has no knowledge of the law, violating the rights of citizens and yet there has been no changes to Law Enforcement at all. There are some good cops but 95% of them are nothing more than ignorant bullies with a badge and gun.
- Good grief, the condescending attitude is just DRIPPING off of this cop. He couldn’t be any more arrogant and aloof if he tried.
- The “pat down” in itself is a violation of the fourth amendment. They had no ras of a crime, no ras of a weapon and no ras that you are dangerous. Therefore no lawful terry stop or terry frisk. Both are four amendment violations and the in pocket search was the third violation.
- They are so intoxicated with their opportunity to use force, they imagine their interpretation of law is absolute.
- I’m sure they were thinking they will record with your camera, for you, to show off that they are not kicking the crap out of you, like they normally do.
- We will violate your rights until we get what we want …….. earning the hate
- This man is brilliant. I don’t know how he kept a straight face knowing the ramifications of the situation and the way the officer did all of his work for him
- Qualified Immunity. That’s why they do what they do. Sovereign citizens
- 4:11 We all know what he meant by that. These cops are criminals/bullies with badges.
- So this officer is essentially saying he’s been violating citizens rights a lot longer than you’ve been exercising yours. What a damn shame. Hopefully his retirement is right around the corner!
- They knew who he was.! Was clearly a violation of his rights! It was totally because they knew he is a 1st amendment auditor and are trying to punish him.
- I love how this ignorant cop keeps saying he’s not going to argue Or debate this, because at the end of the day he knows he’s wrong.
- It’s amazing how confident he is, I’ve never seen someone so confident that they are completely right but in reality he’s 100% wrong.
- He keeps telling the other officers to do the stuff he wants to do. Wtf. Do it yourself. You afraid of losing that qualified immunity?
- suspicion is not a crime and filming in public has been deemed, by the supreme court, a non-suspicious activity and protected under the law and constitution.
- He doesn’t want to argue or debate, because he knows he will lose. I would love to read every cops report on this incident? I wonder how many lies!
- I am always amazed at how good auditors stay so completely calm. I hope you end up with a civil rights case because when these just go away by having a complaint go into a file things won’t ever change
- It’s refreshing to see this police officer inform you of who you are and what you’re all about involving YouTube just to get clicks and views can’t wait for part 3
- Love your break down. You’d think the cops would use this as a training video, but they are too arrogant, and too stupid to learn from their bountiful lies, violations of TX law and violations of Tx penal code.
- After years of getting glee watching some cop watchers, 1A auditors, and then getting burned out and getting irritated with it all, I can say Battousai stands the test of time. No one being honest can say he’s being problematic, he is straight forward and as Texans would say a “straight shooter”. In fact, if I were to hear he resisted or was combative or inflammatory I would know it’s horse shit. Batman is an S tier auditor/cop watcher.
- This is the type of cop that they need to use as an example make an example out of him by firing him if he doesn’t know the law
- He literally admitted that he has been violating rights longer than you have been doing youtube.
- They think they’re not giving you want you want just because they’re not being physically violent.
- As a veteran I was fortunate to be able to serve overseas going to Kuwait and patrolling the boarder to Iraq. I’m proud to have served to protect our country and constitution and what it stands for and if it means anything to you, I’m proud of you too. You’re professionalism and bearing exuded towards these bullies is commendable . I want to thank you for your service. Respect…
- I’m uncomfortable with how he’s feeling you up. Why he keep touching your junk again and again
- They just know they aren’t accountable for breaking the law and or violating the people’s civil rights. that’s why they recorded this interaction with your own cell, it’s a way of saying we’re above the law and there’s nothing you can do about it. BULLIES WITH A BADGE.
- What a pack of cowards! Afraid of one unarmed man, that they feel they need to lock his arms behind his back. Pure cowardice.
- Guaranteed these same cops are doing exactly the same today to people who don’t know their rights
- They’re just not smart enough to figure it out, and knowing there will be no consequences for their actions, there’s no reason to waste their time learning it. Harass, violate, repeat.
- Once they start, their ego will not allow them to back down. They will keep trying to get you to willingly ID. Please never ID when you know there is no law broken.
- Unbelievable he‘s holding you hostage they’re not taking you to jail they’re holding you hostage in their car until you ID to them wow the corruption is thick in the officers listening to this bullies orders will soon will regret it
- This totally validated the Auditing community for doing what they do. There is a very strong need to fix what we see here. Cops either totally not knowing the law or cops totally violating peoples rights thinking it will be with impunity.
- ID is like crack to a cop. Haha. Good one. I’ve always wondered how an ID helps their investigation 99% of the time.
- I’ve been watching these videos now for like 4 years I have not seen one cop especially the ones who said they know the law better than you who actually knows the law what is the ignorance where does it come from their schooling their training their pride their what????!!!
- To think you can identify a guy for filming and that’s suppose to let you know what he’s doing 😆 strip a law abiding citizen of his freedom because they feel like it smh
- It’d be interesting to wear only a gold thong while auditing and see if they still frisk you for weapons and ID.
- This tyrant is drunk on power.This guy likes to talk, but makes his goons do all the violating. Maybe it was a secrete audit. He says all the wrong things on purpose to see if his subordinates would do the right thing and question him. The officer who went in your pockets and the officer who buckled you in did cross those lines by themselves.0:15, Guys go ahead and frisk him.1:25, If he wont do it willingly handcuff him.2:28, If he has an ID we have every right to look at it.3:59, Go ahead and put him in handcuffs and we can do it (detain him) until we find him on the system.5:50, Hook him up. (that sounds like an arrested to me)8:44, Have him sit in the back of the car and lets go ahead an figure out who he is. Handcuffed and buckled up in a police cruiser, a reasonable person would believe they are under arrest not simply detained. But they did put you in the front seat so maybe a little gray area.
- So voluntarily give up a right or forcefully have it violated… Ah thats how freedom works
- If they repeatedly bring up the YouTube videos and see what the outcomes are. It shows they are unwilling to educate themselves and need to be removed from the position.
- As kids we had terms for people who cried about every little thing. We called them piss ant crybabies. The majority of these cops are just trying to protect our community. If you stop messing with them maybe you will have time to invent a robot that wont make mistakes. But until then, having human cops is as good as it gets.
- I have never been a proponent of defunding the police. I am still not one. However I am for abolishing qualified immunity for any officer that violates the freedom of a law abiding citizen. If this is protecting and serving then we need to let those officers go because who can point out the good officers in this situation? For those who say just comply with unlawful, unconstitutional orders. You are a part of the problem. Law enforcement work for the citizens they are not nor should they ever be considered overlords. When that happens, we no longer have a free society. We then are worse than Hitler or Mao.
- They need a crime to detain you and for a Terry stop. A Terry stop is a frisk, not a search.
Traffic stops lead to fraught encounters with American law enforcement, which is why this stop between a LA County Sheriff and a local cop watcher is so illustrative of the power of turning the camera around on police. In this episode of the Police Accountability Report, we break down what happened and explore how the techniques used by cop watchers can actually prevent police from making questionable arrests.
Police sent 9 officers to this pretextual traffic stop because he wouldn’t hand over the identification and get out of the car when they escalated the scenario.
If it is righteous to drag a man out of his car when you allege he ran a red light, why do police actions change with introduction of a citizen’s camera.
The battle over the right to record police is far from over. That’s because a case pending over a routine traffic stop in Lakewood, Colorado, where police interfered with a citizen journalist recording, could have a huge impact on a controversial legal precedent which shields cops from legal liability.
End Qulified Immunity Protections, & Civil Asset Forfeiture. Hold Cops Accountable.
Cops who break the law must be held accountable for their illegal actions !!!
This is also why you need to tell the cop that he is about to violate your rights and will lose his qualified immunity. Otherwise he can claim he didn’t know that law or right and use the qualified immunity as a defense.
Get it right in your heads people. “To protect and serve” means themselves.
Qualified immunity isn’t a matter that will be addressed by police reform. It’s part of the holding accountable of elected officials.
If cops didn’t break the law. These people who record them would not need to record the cops
In “this day and age…” Why do cops NOT know the law?
That cop who try to obstruct them from recording definitely has more issues under the radar and he’s a ticking bomb.
this is America cops should lose their pensions three strikes and they’re out!!😎
That would be three justice systems.
One for police, one for the wealthy, one for the rest of us.
And PlEASE leave a comment for copwatcher Abade aka Liberty Freak, his law suit may become case law that protects your right to record the police! So make sure to give him some kindness and support as he will be turning himself into law enforcement and will be incarcerated for a few months. So this is your chance to share your thoughts with him before he goes inside. Thank you! -taya
What an incredible episode!!! I especially love it when you break things down and illustrate clearly how our system has “run amuck” and been abused to undermine & sabotage itself.
“Qualified Impunity” is such a clever, creative and accurate play on words. I would love to see that term widely adopted because I would hope that this shift might become a catalyst for reform by bringing a better understanding of just how broken our system is; and how close we may be to losing our democracy itself! It is being attacked and undermined in so many ways right now from so many sides…
If ignorance of the law is no excuse for civilians ignorance of our rights should be no excuse for the law!
Since this video was from Colorado it would make sense to mention that, at the time of this report, a new police accountability law was about to go into effect. Since then several cops, notably Loveland PD, have been held accountable with this law. As for my opinion I would like to say, no one has done more to end qualified immunity than corrupt cops all over the US.
If cleaning up neighborhoods changes the culture by changing the way people feel, then cities have an interest in leaving them neglected to justify dumping more money into police presence. It’s business as usual.
There are three types of versions of laws, the one for the poor aka the “criminal class” and then the one for government officials/LEOs, and finally the one for the elites/the rich who line the pockets of said govt officials & LEOs
I think we now know why the police are no longer required to learn the law before claiming to “enforce the law”.
Not knowing the law lets the police officers claim “I didn’t know the law” and the courts say it was an “honest mistake” and let them off with a warning to do better.
Oh and…….”qualified immunity” sounds like a “Jim Crow” law. It’s sickening that such a perversion of our Constitutional Rights is allowed!
Something to keep in mind. Until privatized, for profit, publicly traded prisons are done away with none of this tyranny will end.
I’ve always said that one of the main goals of 1st Amendment auditor’s is to remove the sovereign from the state 👍💯👍
Driver: I’m just defending myself here. You really have nothing to fear from me. I’m not out to get you. So can you kindly just cite or warn me and we can go on our way?
Wait, qualified immunity gets it’s power by proving that the law enforcement officer was ignorant of the law? Make it make sense somebody please.
Aaron Reinas was just blocks from his home when a San Bernardino, California, sheriff accosted and accused him of burglarizing cars. What happened next reveals the dangers of unchecked police power and the dire consequences individual citizens can face for standing up for their rights. PAR investigates Reinas’s questionable arrest and why police often ignore the law in pursuit of phantom crimes.
A Vandergrift police officer is under fire for a video that shows him confronting a black man and not telling him why. Marcus Townsend, the man who was confronted by the officer Saturday morning inside G & G Restaurant, said he believes he was racially profiled. Read more HERE: https://wpxi.tv/3tzUk2k
Imagine for a moment a time when cell phone cameras didn’t exist and it was the cop’s word versus your own?
This proves that cops can lie for personal convineience without reproach.
Glad to know he’s welcomed there any time. They did a great job of standing up for him while the police was there harassing him for over an hour.
We’re trying to teach our kids not to be bullies but yet the people who are supposed to protect us or the biggest bullies of all
” Management wants you to leave.”
ALL COPS ARE LIARS!
Officer Wm. Moore is a very dangerous officer. Knowing he is being recorded and still acting this way illustrates he does not care about repercussions. No compass. BUT, if the victim does not sue, none of this will matter and it will continue.
“Your dog shouldn’t be here.”Dog leaves.“Actually I’m here for you, I suspect you might be a criminal.”Has no criminal record.“But actually I was called by the manager to kick you out.”Manager welcomes back a paying customer.
“We’ve asked for a response and have yet to hear back” is media shorthand for “they know they done royally fucked up.”They try to bully you into defending yourself then you’re resistingUPDATE: The police chief stated this officer did nothing criminal, and any discipline would be handled internally. Figures.Do you notice how the Police always call in more thugs when the citizens legally refuses to answer their questions. They always have to escalate!Man: “What did I do sir?”Officer: “You do”????You know the manager did call the cops on him because of the dog . Of course he is going to take a picture with the customer . He must of realized his business was gonna go viral in a bad way if he didn’t switch up sides quik lmao. The manager started the whole thing by calling the police period .You guys should request an investigation of that officer and I bet there will be more misconduct on his recordCan you imagine how brazen you would have to be to act this way while being recorded, as a cop, in this age? it Just goes to show you how they really do need to have their enthusiastic hubris taken down a few hundred notches. The first thing on your mind, as a cop, should be protecting and serving ALL the innocent, NOT throwing weight around and serving your ego.