Original video https://youtu.be/S01EvBA0Y3U
- This cop is an huge embarrassment to all law enforcement officers …he yells and screams at the citizen, but when he gets on the radio, or his own supervisor approaches, he completely changes his demeanor .
- If I was sitting on a police review board I would recommend this officer for a psych test and retraining.
I see 2 major issues here.
1) His main job was to back up his partner.
Hard to do that when your not backing up your partner.
2) He took a supervisor away from her job.
- He knew exactly what the law was and tried intimidation to get his way all he ended up doing was failing to do his job.
- What’s crazy is cops like this get promotions instead of being fired like they should be
- The cop was so afraid of this guy that he turned his back on him, hilarious
- OK, this cop is certifiably crazy! He has ranted for over a minute straight and says he is not the one creating a scene? Wow, denial ain’t just a River in Egypt.
- Funny how he changed his story. Both of these cops are liars.
- IF I were this officers Chief, I truly would tell this cop to calm down for his own good.
He comes across as ineffective and hostile.
- COP – “Ok, now that you’re filming me and everything, let me see your ID”.
ME – But officer the only crime here is your haircut.
- This is brilliant. The dude was so chill he deserves an award. Great to watch thankyou
- I like this auditor. He sounds so relaxed. Like his sarcastic laugh aswel
- It’s funny how he talks so normal to his sergeant but he was so loud and aggressive and raspy to the auditor
- This is a perfect example of what’s wrong with law enforcement today, officers forget who they work for.
- This guy HAS to be a former marine drill sgt. Just look at his stance, demeanor, hair and graveley voice. He is NOT used to being told no. Great job by the auditor standing his ground!
- Camera guy handled that very well. Even made the cop laugh cause he realized how ridiculous his little rant was
- If you listen he lays it out. He’s asking. He says it time after time. “Is this a lawful question?” Yes. “Is it an order?” I’m asking. I have a right to ask. Take them at their word and break off the contact. That said, this cop is a jagoff. He yells and people comply. He’s at a loss to what to do when someone doesn’t respond the way he’s used to.
- Opinion: “Prior restraint” This is a “consensual conversation” devised by the cop to consume the time and attention of the camera operator, with the sole intention to distract from the event.
Recommended Dash Cam:
Several police officers take it upon themselves to detain Philip Turner to force him to produce identification, even though they tell him that they know he is a first amendment auditor. (They disparage his YouTube legal education and tell him “this isn’t working out like you expected”.
When a cop says he’s not gonna argue with you, it’s because he knows he’s violating your rights and that he’s wrong. He’ll just throw you in a cage regardless, and let you have your day in court. Take away their precious qualified immunity, and watch the magic happen.
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ expand_text=”Show More” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]
“I don’t know if you’re trying to do something bad”“I don’t know if you have mental illness”“I don’t know if you’re breaking the law”As egregious as this whole incident was, what bugs me the most is that knowing they are in the wrong and can’t ID Mr Turner, they keep him in handcuffs for one more attempt and then lecture him. At the point they knew they were wrong, those handcuffs should have been off and Mr Turner freed without a second’s delay. Instead, it was another four minutes between the Officer Copsplain approaching the car and Mr Turner being taken from it. If I was on the jury, those 4 minutes would have cost the city a million dollars.
Because this was in California, this would also be an appropriate time to bring up the Tom Bane civil rights act as the officers were clearly in violation of this as well. This should go beyond a lawsuit. The officer in this case deserves to be fired and decertified in working law enforcement for the rest of his life.
Yet another incident that proves Qualified Immunity needs to revoked. These officers clearly do not know the laws they are meant to enforce, and violate rights left and right. Why is ignorance of the law a valid defense for law enforcement but not for the citizenry?
Weird how he was able to arrest that lady with all that “obstruction” going on.
This morning I received multiple links and copies of this video that’s been circulating, showing a West Virginia State Trooper, in what appears to be inside a family’s home without a warrant. Apparently it was originally posted to Tik Tok, and then removed for some reason. It appears to involve a police response to a church traffic cone, which resulted in the homeowner apparently banging on the church’s door at some point. This trooper shows up, walks in the guy’s home, admittedly without a warrant, and without permission. Then the trooper makes a move on the phone, followed by some sort of altercation at the end. Here’s the video, then I’ll address some legal issues which I see.
Is a warrant required? If not, is there an applicable exception?
Citations and law at the link:
That right there is a prime example why qualified immunity should not exist.
You can see what the problem is, this trooper doesn’t care about being sued because it won’t come out of his pocket. We need to change that… also he doesn’t think he will ever lose his job for doing this, he thinks the blue line will back him up…. We need to change that
IMO the other deputy is just as guilty for not stepping up and attempting to calm the situation down or tell his partner to chill out. Just hanging back while these people were assaulted and treated like dirt says a lot about him as well . He’s a little coward! I wonder if he purposely stayed in the doorway, not actually stepping foot inside, because he knew it was illegal and didn’t wanna get into trouble for entering.
The corruption starts with the judges, DA’s, attorneys and law enforcement. Judges and DA’s are the real problem that’s why the cops act without conscious and consequence.