(VIDEO) Cop Admits To Finding Reasons To Pull People Over

This police officer not only admits to abusing her power, but seems proud to do this. Entitlement like this is exactly why we need police reform, and Jeff Wiggins breaks it down on Rebel HQ.

Comments

Translation: “(While Im on duty, Im going to break laws when I want to. If you are in the way of me breaking the law, I will find a way to give you a citation and cost you money and time)”

Nothing to see here folks. She took a course for a few weeks and earned herself a shiny badge so never mind the fact that she is literally here on video telling you she doesn’t understand the law and will actually violate your rights and the law on a whim… its, thin blue line and all that fun stuff so…. yeahhhh. You’re the bad guy if you come across her.

 

We all know this already. Does this really shock anyone?

 

So she’s under investigation for telling the truth? As more than one cop has said. “If I follow you long enough, you’ll do something that I can pull you over for”.
No body has to get out of a cops way unless the lights and siren is on. Other then that you have to wait in line like everyone else. There is no law saying a person has to get out of a cops way simply because they are a cop. She is just showing her corrupt privilege.
In Las Vegas they’re over 12,000 NRS laws from big too small. They can pull you over because they can’t see your license plate is not illuminated enough or there’s something hanging in your rearview mirror.
How I understood it. People get arrested because the cops are pissed because when no action is going on, they demand that everybody goes out of their way, gives them special privilege like a king, and when this will not happen then they become so angry on a citizen who done nothing wrong, that they swipe them from the streets? That is just sick to know that the USA doesn’t have a decent police force. Just a lot of bullies who behave like shitty spoiled fashist brats.
The focus needs to be on the departments as well as officers. Whenever a officer gets caught doing exactly what they were trained to do by their department all focus is on the officer. I’m not saying the officer isn’t to blame but an independent agency needs to inspect the department. The department simply points the finger and continues to train incoming officers to do the same thing
“I can go 90 mph. You can’t.” The part she doesn’t say: “because if my reckless driving causes an accident I get to blame it on you.”
At least in my state, it’s illegal for a cop to pull you over if they have followed you for more than 1 mile.
See these so called hardcore muthaphuckas will pick on law abiding citizens getting off on a power trip. But those real ganstas who walk around with nothing to lose they leave them alone. Oh no they dont have the courage to mess with criminals they just mess with civilians.
This thing should find another career. LE attracts so many undesirables.
This cop is so full of shit she can’t go faster than you, unless she is on an emergency call and yes you have to move over but if she wants lunch and she’s breaking the law by speeding to pick up her lunch order or going home, she can be charge and ticketed. Police or any other law enforcement officers are not above the law.
Police: We can break the law but you can’t!
This is common knowledge, the power hungry ego maniacs – it’s nothing to do with the law or helping society
The POLICE…. “Get the f#ck out our way” … pretty much.
Money has corrupted our justice system. There’re financial reasons to find excuses to issue tickets. There’re a financial reasons cops have to fill up private prisons and look for any excuse to throw someone in jail.
A cop being “Under Investigation” is just cop-speak for “we’re all giggling about it in the break room.”

WV Trooper Walks in House and Demands to be Sued

This morning I received multiple links and copies of this video that’s been circulating, showing a West Virginia State Trooper, in what appears to be inside a family’s home without a warrant. Apparently it was originally posted to Tik Tok, and then removed for some reason. It appears to involve a police response to a church traffic cone, which resulted in the homeowner apparently banging on the church’s door at some point. This trooper shows up, walks in the guy’s home, admittedly without a warrant, and without permission. Then the trooper makes a move on the phone, followed by some sort of altercation at the end. Here’s the video, then I’ll address some legal issues which I see.

Is a warrant required? If not, is there an applicable exception?

Citations and law at the link:

Comment

That right there is a prime example why qualified immunity should not exist.

 

You can see what the problem is, this trooper doesn’t care about being sued because it won’t come out of his pocket. We need to change that… also he doesn’t think he will ever lose his job for doing this, he thinks the blue line will back him up…. We need to change that

 

Remember he acted this way knowing he was being recorded! Can only imagine what he’s done when not being recorded
This Trooper not only needs to be terminated and never work as a law enforcement officer again he also needs to be charged with the appropriate crimes and prosecuted. His lack of self control is a danger to citizens as well as his fellow law enforcement officers. My bet is this Trooper has a long list of complaints against him. Probably some pretty interesting body camera recordings in this guys history as well. A good start would be a public records request for this Troopers IA summary and then go from there.
I am a retired cop and I can tell you this, he broke the law. He has no business serving the public, he is a danger to his co workers and the public. I hope this homeowner pursues both criminal a civil action. If I knew where to donate money to see this coward dealt with I would. I am speechless… Sick man. If he entered my house like that he would be leaving in a body bag! Says he stated his name and badge number, he only stated his name and couldn’t even do that in a discernible way. CIVIL RIGHTS LAWYER PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.
This is every cop in the whole state of west va…… I was born there…. I grew up there…. I left there 15 years ago because I got real tired of fighting corrupt murderous police…. They do what they want, when they want and there is nothing u can do about it…. U can sue a department and 15 mins after the trial is over the cop is on the sidewalk outside the courthouse whaling on you with a nightstick screaming stop resisting….. u can sue the same department over the same officer multiple times and they don’t get fired…. They don’t get reprimanded…. Nothing happens to them…… they will break into your house, shoot and kill you (like they have 3 members of my family), they will take their 15 days paid leave and be right back on the street with no fear of anything actually happening to them
That officer is completely unhinged. If yelling puts him on tilt this bad he’s definitely in the wrong business.
This state trooper is a criminal who deliberately breaks the law and believes that the law does not apply to him. He should not only be dismissed but also imprisoned. He is a permanent danger to society.
Imagine the audacity of telling someone in their home they aren’t going to raise their voice to you .
“I walked in your house because I don’t want to get shot.” WTF. This officer is a danger to the public. How the hell do these cops think they can behave this way? Enough.
This “officer” needs to be criminally charged. He forces his way into another’s house with no legal grounds, threatens the homeowners, and attacks them. He should be charged with at least trespass, assault, and battery in addition to the civil suit.
Whenever a citizen points out to a cop he’s breaking the law, why does he always respond “I’m not playing this game?” Suddenly TAKING PEOPLE’S FREEDOM AWAY IS A GAME.
They will protect this cop. A judge will say that they didn’t tell him to leave strong enough and he was in fear for his safety. The judges, cops, and prosecutors all work together (along with some public defenders). The corruption is so thick.
If a citizen couldn’t defend themselves with a weapon in a situation like this, the 2nd amendment is useless.
this trooper obviously has anger and rage issues! not only was this guy’s rights violated, he also assaulted him! if there were broken bones involved, then i believe that makes it felonious assault!
“We have investigated ourselves and – as usual and as expected – have found no wrongdoing.” – Every Police Force in America
If only the police unions were the ones paying… not the taxpayers.
He lost it, let his ego control every stupid word that he spouted ! If this is how he can behave on camera in someone else’s home , imagine when there’s no camera or witnesses 😳 absolutely dangerous to the public. Needs counseling anger management and fired ! Lawsuit will be paid by the taxpayers, we need to abolish qualified immunity for all government positions PERIOD!🤙🏼✌💜
When an officer enters a home by himself, without a warrant, and without your permission…#1 he is NOT scared of getting shot #2 it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that he is there for no good, possibly to rob you #3 He wants you to react in the same way that any one else would act towards an intruder so that he can use it as an excuse to beat you up or shoot you.
His name was Trooper Wiseman! please spread the word. we as citizens need to speak up against this tyrant and not sit idly by.
“You came down here, pounding on the Church door. Acting like a fool.” – Oh the irony
It’s clear by the cops actions that he knows it’s unlikely he’ll be disciplined or that being sued will result in any personal damages. When law enforcement operate with impunity in this way, after the fact law suits and case law become irrelevant, as do any protections a constitution is supposed to bring. When such behaviour including intimidation, physical violence and an inherent threat to life are in process, the only reasonable response to these actions by the state, is the threat of deadly force by the home owner and their agents, without fear of retaliation. This is why for true freedom to exist, the integrity of the home and the sanctuary it brings must be paramount to any and all actions by law enforcement other than (perhaps) those pursuant to the immediate preservation of life.
I find it amazing with the media coverage including social media that gets these type scenarios out in the public and thousand see them, that they continue to occur. Surely LEO management see and know this stuff is happening? Are the hapless to prevent it? Are they indifferent to preventing it because “its part of doing business” or we are too dumb to learn different? What’s going to happen when people have had the “collective enough”?
I love the fact that he says, good go sue. He is admitting that he knows it illegal to enter the home. What a dangerous trooper! Please bring this video to light in his county, he needs to be fired and charged.
This cop is the definition of a power tripping cop. Let’s hope the home owner gets a very large settlement both against the police and the individual.
IMO the other deputy is just as guilty for not stepping up and attempting to calm the situation down or tell his partner to chill out. Just hanging back while these people were assaulted and treated like dirt says a lot about him as well . He’s a little coward! I wonder if he purposely stayed in the doorway, not actually stepping foot inside, because he knew it was illegal and didn’t wanna get into trouble for entering.
This is exactly the type of person who seeks this profession, someone who craves harassing people. Working under his own rules and couldn’t care less about the law or their policy. After exposing this clown this should be immediate termination!
Here’s my question and I think it is a important one. Presuming that the law enforcement officer in this situation is either a city cop or a state trooper: could you and should you call the county sheriff to make a criminal report of breaking and entering and assault ? It seems to me that it would be a legitimate claim and it would have to be handled just like any other assault or B&E and the county sheriff would be obligated to follow due process. Even if it was within the city limits it’s still County jurisdiction. I really hope you answer this because I think it is really important to understand if citizens have another course of action rather than the police simply investigating themselves.

 

  • they always “Investigate” themselves and find no wrong doing.. like gang members ALL law enforcement will defend their own even knowing they were wrong..
  •  @scott cochran  that is precisely why I think it should be reported to the elected Sheriff if it is an actual crime situation. The sheriff is elected and traditionally is a little more in touch and accountable to the locals.
When it gets to the point where police are too fearful to do their job effectively they must be removed from their position.
  • This cop wasn’t scared for one second
  • The problem is they fear nothing. There is never any consequences for their behavior! Worse case they get a paid vacation for bad behavior!
  • The officer literally stated he was worried he was going to be shot as justification to violate his 4th amendment rights.
In general, you need to state your rights.* I don’t consent to any searches or seizures.- 4th Amendment* * I don’t answer questions officers- 5th Amendment.* Cops will still do what they’re going to do but you will have a stronger case in court to win your settlement.
When rogue cops are illegally detaining, assaulting or  brutalizing innocent citizens like this, any companions of the victim and other  people who are observing the incident underway should IMMEDIATELY video AND shout out to let the cops know that they will LOSE THEIR QUALIFIED IMMUNITY IN COURT AND THEY WILL BE PERSONALLY SUED ALONG WITH THE CITY,  AND RISK GOING TO PRISON FOR THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIONS AND VIOLATIONSOF CIVIL RIGHTS!!
See also for example the police murder of  Luke Stewart. Since it is TAX DOLLARS that ALWAYS fund and payout these absurd ( not union or pension funds unfortunately) and massive  law suits to the  aggreived parties, all citizens have the right and duty to express their LOUD  anger and disapproval of any observed  illegal conduct , excessive violence and abuses police  flagrantly and  openly  committ in public.
The reality is that cops are broadly given too much protection from unions; they don’t act consistently lawful, and masses of cops have improper training or often fail to use effective  de-escalation tactics when the circumstances warrant  and doing so is clearly  appropriate. Another example: one man who was a counselor for a young austistic boy went searching for him when cops showed up. Even though the man got down on the ground with hands open and arms spread the cops shot him multiple time with no legal justification. The cop afterwards directly stated he didn’t  know why he shot the law-abiding citizen!?!🤔🤨🙄
It was also a gross error and dereliction of duty for former President Obama to merely dole out billions in surplus military equipment to police departments all around the nation. https://inthesetimes.com/features/obama_police_miltary_equipment_ban.html
This cop came and created more crime than what he was there for and demeanored these people as if they were animals in their home. Then assaults the man and makes him bow down to his illegal authority.
This is what happens when steroid abuse is allowed to run rampant in police departments. It’s absolutely disgusting. I hope they sue and win and I hope this unhinged officer is arrested and charged.
For a trooper who is “not gonna let you shoot me”, he’s doing everything he can to get shot.
the officer stated explicitly that his concern allowing his entry without a warrant was based on his concern that firearms might be used against him. I.E. his illegal entry was a precautionary weapons search inside the house – without a warrant or probable cause. Give the cop a Uvalde award and fire him, and yes, sue the hell out of him.
After having my rights violated I called a dozen lawyers and after hours of time wasted none have called back like they said .the cops came to my home on a tip that someone in my home may have a warrant and tried to enter my home without a search warrant until I told them they couldn’t enter and they never told me who they were looking for then demanded my ID and I said why do you suspect me of a crime and I refused to give them it they were going to arrest me for interfering in their investigation cuffed me and placed me in a hot police car for 30 minutes while they ran the ID of the 2 girls that were in my home we all came back cleane but they didn’t release me for about 10 more minutes
The officer was afraid the guy had a gun so he followed him into his house? Ya, that makes all the sense in the world. When I fear for my life I also follow people that I don’t know into places that I’m unfamiliar with too.
Somehow, I see an unhappy ending to Trooper Wiseman’s career in law enforcement. His uncontrollable rage coupled with his possession of a loaded firearm; his unlawful entry into a home, physical assault on two individuals in the invaded home . . . Look for a federal indictment and conviction before Christmas. Too many people have seen the video for there to be anything other than criminal charges for this crazy acting cop. He has brought humiliation, scorn, distrust, dishonor and disgrace to his agency, a mortal sin for any cop.
That trooper is the EXACT reason that so called “good cops” get assaulted, battered, injured and killed by citizens. His personal anger, lack of respect for the constitution that he swore to uphold, contempt for citizens and belief that his personal feelings and desires are overwhelmingly more important than anything or anyone else is shockingly vivid. I wonder how many people he had arrested for “raising their voice to him”? If he has not yet, he will kill someone in the line of duty for some perceived disrespect and blame it on safety. He needs to lose his certification and never be employed in law enforcement ever again.
John, this cop is par for the course; Condescending, threatening, and violent. Then this cop shows considerable distain for the fourth amendment of the constitution, once again par for the course. I did see a camera but I didn’t see any light notifying us that it was rolling if he truly had one and it wasn’t some SHINee button so he can claim that he has a body camera. Considering how easily police are able to lie to us I would not be so confident in his response.
To the cops in this video: You should go to the church and ask them to move the traffic cone instead of unlawfully entering the house of an innocent family’s home, falsely accusing them of a weapon, and assault.
How convenient of this trooper to record himself violating this man’s 4th Amendment right by illegally entering his home without permission to do so and without a warrant. This body cam video – if it doesn’t mysteriously “disappear” once a lawsuit is filed – will come in handy in the federal civil rights lawsuit that I hope this man files. I wonder how the trooper arrogantly and belligerently inviting the victim/plaintiff to sue him will be received by any judge or jury who might this video during a trial? I know how I would view it.
My goodness, this cop must be on a power trip from hell. I almost feel sorry for him for being in such a mental state that he’s in. He would totally lose it if he lived in a blue state where pot is normalized. He must really hate himself. He’s dangerous!
“Do not raise your voice to me”. Does that sound familiar to anyone? Omg scary as fkc. Can tell he is already unhinged. Can’t risk talking to them. Remain silent, tell them to leave.
The corruption starts with the judges, DA’s, attorneys and law enforcement. Judges and DA’s are the real problem that’s why the cops act without conscious and consequence.
Imagine this; you have in the neighborhood you live in growing up as a kid these parents (judge and DA) that have these bully kids (cops) , and a older brother (chief of police) who’s “seems” like the descent one of the brothers, that terrorize the other kids(citizens) in the neighborhood. But everyone is afraid to fight against the bullies (cops) because you’ll get your ass kicked so you go to the older brother (Police Dept. Chief of Police) “Hey your brothers (cops) are real bullies they’re fucking with everyone and me!” The older brother (chief of police) says “I’ll give them a good talking to and if they keep it up I’ll even tell mom (DA) and dad (Judge) about it(internal investigation) he(chief of police) talks to his brothers(cops) and still the bully brothers (cops) don’t stop harassing the kids(citizens) in the neighborhood so finally the parents of the neighborhood have had enough, they go to the parents (Judge and DA) house(court) and complain about their kids(cops) and to the surprise of the parents of the kids (citizens) that are getting bullied, the parents (DA and the Judge) of the bullies (cops) declare this will be a in house matter and their bully kids (cops)will be dealt with. Then you later find out as punishment they only got time out but continue to be able to enjoy their privileges(qualified immunity) so where was the punishment? And that is how the American Justice system works. The corruption starts from the head down. Judges, DA’s and (chief of police and police stations, public defenders all go hand in hand. There are public defenders that are in league with these corrupt officials on making deals, now that’s something to think about. Let’s get rid of public immunity and have the cops pay out of pocket. As tempting as it is to go after the big monetary prize we to instead go after the cops personally and their livelihood yes it will be considerable less money but they will never work in law enforcement and at best will be flipping burgers for the rest of their lives while losing everything. First have a camera then in order to strip a cop down of his qualified immunity you have to let them know what they are doing is illegal and is this the policy of the police department and name a precedence of a court case that goes against what they are doing and advice them that they will lose their qualified immunity if they continue in this wrongful manner and if they do; You got them and their livelihood.

Show less

Cops lied to put him in handcuffs, but a camera caught the truth!

A Los Angeles man says he was targeted by police after he was pulled over for crossing a line in front of a stop sign; but after placing him in handcuffs and arresting the passenger in his car, a recording cellphone caught the real reason cops pulled him over.

Police: Foot in the Door

Resident owner denies Arlington Police Officers entry into his home without a search warrant, Officers still went in.

 

You’re taught in the police academy that any entrance pass the threshold of the door is trespassing without a warrant so yes that is warrantless entry

 

This man is a damn saint for the level of patience exercised in this situation!
The only mistake he did was to open his door. Never open your door.
The reason they keep their foot in the door like that is to bait you into trying to close it so they can charge you with assault on an officer.
The way the cop just stands there while he pleads for him to leave knowing his rights, is truly disturbing
Cop puts foot in door to block resident from closing. I’m of the opinion that the resident should be allowed to close the door using however much force is necessary to achieve closing the door. The idea that cops will charge you with assault for closing a door on them is asinine. Other option is to close the door however much you can, place your foot behind the door. Then inform the cop that the same assault charge he would charge you with if you close the door applies to him if he forces the door open wider. When they stand in the hall but have their foot in the doorway, they know they have no right to enter. We should be allowed to slam the damn door even if it breaks the cops foot!
it’s crazy that our natural right to be left alone can be ignored simply because someone makes a phone call.
I’m shaking and it wasn’t even me there. This dude deserves Saint good for how he handled himself.
They are terrorizing that child, and if anyone is being irrational, it’s those cops.
They broke the threshold, that is trespassing.
He trespassed the cops and they come in anyways… Sounds like a nice lawsuit to me, plus they have to know trespass laws, so their legal immunity is blown.

>> I wonder if you noticed that he was arrested. So, before any lawsuit, he has to deal with his own charges.

>>   @vad R  charges that’ll be thrown out once the video reaches the authorities.

 @Van Iyke  The cops will undoubtedly claim exigent circumstances. One of them even pointed out that he saw some broken glass. Check out the story of James Wood in Cotati CA, couple of years ago, who also thought that he can resist officers’ warrantless entry during welfare check. The whole family was tazed and charged with obstructing, including the alleged victim; Wood was tried in court, and got off only because the jury deadlocked – half of the jury agreed that he deserved prison term. In this case it’s ten times easier because of the glass, and of the kids involved.
was wrong, he was not arrested – they verified that there was noone else in the home, and left. Here’s more complete video:
 @vad R  there was no visible harm on the child when said child presented himself, there were no sounds of the child crying, the child was not seen to be crying, the child did not ask police for help and…. Oh yeah…. almost forgot about the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE ABSENT PROBABLE CAUSE of which there was NONE. You better hope your neighbors don’t hear you drop a glass and it breaks one day or you may have an army of pigs show up at your door demanding entry. Better just COMPLY CITIZEN, right?
4 ways for a cop to enter a residence:
1) Consent
2) Warrant
3) Hot pursuit
4) Exigent Circumstances
An anonymous call stating a “disturbance” does not meet the threshold for exigent circumstances.
They have no warrant, they clearly do not have consent and they are obviously not in hot pursuit.
Funny how it went from a ‘domestic disturbance’ involving “a wife” to a ‘domestic disturbance’ involving the Son”
I can’t believe bro didn’t cuss a single time 👏🏼 big props
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, open the door for the police unless they have a warrant. Make them break down the door. Make them defend it in court.
I feel so sorry to this man and his child for having sick people in their door so scary.
This was an illegal search. The reason they didn’t just drag him out the door and detain him while they searched for the “distressed party” is because they knew there was no distressed party. They were trying to get him to agree to an open-ended search where anything found would be admissable in court. This whole charade was to try to trick him into giving permission to search. They show up claiming exigent circumstances but then waited at least 15 minutes, plenty long enough for someone to bleed to death or die from asphyxiation, drowning, OD, heart attack, stroke or any number of other causes. This didn’t disturb the officers because they knew that the exigent circumstances was merely a pretext. Exigent circumstances are exceptions for when seconds matter. By waiting 15 minutes they proved that there was no exigency. So at this point they clearly are not performing any legitimate law enforcement activity. They were very clearly asked to leave but did not do so. We are left with the inescapable conclusion that they are not acting in any official or legal capacity at all! (Though they are acting under color of law.) They had no legitimate reason to be there and they have been asked to leave and failed to do so, one of the actual examples of trespass in the Texas Penal Code! Because they are acting under color of law, this becomes Criminal Trespass. When later they do force their way in, having, by their own conduct, clearly discarded all legal rationale for their presence, TPC 9.31 is triggered, which justifies use of lethal force. These officers got lucky. If that boy had understood how wrong what was happening was, he might have feared for his and his father’s lives. He was big enough to handle an AR… Plenty of kids his size have killed intruders.
Once you heard his son is fine your wellness check is done. There is no longer any need to be there.
Never, ever open the door to cops unless you have a locked screen door or storm door between you in case you need to shut your door quickly.
This reminds us once again ” DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR” Better to talk through it closed and locked. Isn’t it sad to have to protect ourselves from the very people who are paid to “protect and serve “.
He was MORE than patient. Showed his son 3 times. This was very stressful just to watch…….I can’t imagine being him. His son was so scared that he started crying. When they stormed the door at the end, I started crying…….& I don’t cry easily. Police brutality.
The encounter should have ended when the child appeared. These cops are tyrants & broke the law & need to be fired & sued in civil court. The department needs to be held accountable for the actions of these officers also. I hope this man gets the justice he deserves
“We got a call…” they think that this statement gives them carte blanche to violate rights…
Someone give me more information on what happened to this father, and his child. I believe this call was the cause of a bad woman. I believe there is more to what was really going on behind that domestic call. It was clear though that he was a good man, and a protecting father.
Gwacamolle Lully: It’s always funny when people come up with this response, tax payer’s money. As soon as we the tax payers get fed up of footing the bill for police brutality and incompetence we will demand change. Until then, we will continue to pay for our lack of action. Police love using the word “right”. Officer: “We have a right to enter and check.” No sir, you are mistaken. You actually have a “duty” to check. He however, has the “right” to be secure in the home. As soon as he got his son, who’s statements will be seen as truthful and unbiased in court, to confirm the number of occupants and his well being. That should have been it. But the officers egos took over again.
Buy yourself a nice house, and a new car. Put your son through college. You deserve it, Bro!
 @Gwacamolle Lully  I am usually taking police side, but this was extreme. The guy deserves every penny he can get from them and from you, as a tax payer. I am european, so I’m good. You guys need to open your eyes widely to what happens in US and start to make some changes.
Cop is like “I don’t understand why he won’t just let me violate his rights”.
According to this, cops can just have anyone call in a residence and that will give them the right to search that residence. That is scary.
anytime you don’t let them trample all over your rights, their response is: “You’re not being rational.”
He must have told them over a 100 plus times not to enter. Unreal
I use to be a deputy for 8yrs and i can tell you i wasn’t trained like this. I was trained to follow the law. No warrant, no entry!!! Most of the cops downfalls is the department gets into this mindset and nothing gets done about it at the top!
“You can have an officer monitor my door while you go get a signed warrant”.. Why does this citizen know how to do their jobs better than them 🤔??
Security doors allow you to open your door and still have a barrier between you and whoever’s at your door.
They will interrogate the son and tell him that dad will go to prison if he doesn’t agree that dad is abusing him.
This is the reason you don’t have answer the door when you see a cop at it! They crossed the threshold this should be considered a violation of the 4th amendment. Point blank period
This was extremely disturbing to watch. This is exactly where the breakdowns of community start. I have decided never to call the police, unless specifically asked to, for fear of individuals ending up harrassed, bombarded, wounded, and at worst, DEAD. I cannot live with that on my conscious. Even if there was a Domestic Situation, some just need to get to the other side of that situation. Sadly, in either situation, calling the police or not, someone could end up dead!
Never open your door to cops unless you called them or its an emergency. When you do the first thing the do is put their foot in so you can’t close the door and if you try they arrest you for assault.
A “welfare check” does not suspend his civil rights!
No amount of money from the enevitable settled out of court case, can be enough to compensate for the trauma that poor child must have experienced when these tyrants burst into the family home!! This has boiled my piss 😤
The victim did as well as I could imagine. I’d like to see Audit the Audit show this and give us some clues how to handle the foot in the door problem with cops. If you try to close the door they arrest you for assault and yet they are trespassing. In the time they spent harassing the victim the cops could have gotten a warrant, but they don’t want to go that route because they don’t have probable cause to convince a judge to sign a warrant. Can the officers not be charged with trespassing? Are they immune from that? Time to clarify this foot in the door process.
You did a good job of stopping the cops from talking. When they start talking, you end up getting charges that they make up..!
In Texas, the law allows a few exceptions to the warrant requirement. One of these exceptions is Exigent Circumstances, sometimes referred to as “the emergency doctrine.” If they reasonably suspect that someone may be in need of medical assistance, or is otherwise in danger of harm…that qualifies. And courts have upheld that a phone call report may be satisfactory to establish reasonable suspicion. Therefor it is very likely that their Welfare Check, based on a caller reporting some domestic violence, would be enough for a court to rule that they were allowed to enter his home without a warrant. This is true even if it turns out later that the reporting caller was wrong. And at least one of the officers did try to explain Exigent Circumstances briefly before being drowned out by the man. I friggin hate it when I hear about yet another instance of, “We investigated ourselves and – shocker – find that we did nothing wrong.” But in this particular case, I’m afraid that would rightly be the outcome.
I gotta stop watching these types of videos. It makes me upset that “leo’s” believe that they can violate the God given and constitutional rights of citizens at will. When the lawsuits inevitably happen, the payouts come from the pockets of other innocent citizens rather than from those of the perpetrators. Sickening system.
This happened to me with a crazy salesman. I told him to move his foot before I shut the door, cuz if he didnt, it was gona hurt. He refused. I slammed the door. I can still hear him yelping. I think I broke it. Would do the same for unwanted cops
1) theres either a “real” threat or circumstance that makes it really necessary to go in without a warrant in that case they shouldnt talk to him for 10 minutes 2) they have no real reason, then they should all get sued
We homeschooled our six children. This kind of thing happens to homeschool families all the time. We belonged to the Homeschool Legal Defense Association when we are children were school age. We had their lawyers on speed dial to protect us against this kind of crap. It still happened to some people especially in CA. Some families won large civil rights settlements. Does anyone know if this guy came out of it okay? Where did this happen?

Show less


This is just an ego confrontation and the cops are experts at it. I guess it’s taught at the academy.
I’m from Canada. And if I took this to any, and I mean ANY lawyer, even though I could not afford them? They would take this case for free (pro bono), and they would sue the police department, the city and each individual officer. With the condition, that if we won, I would then pay for their services. This is appalling to me!! All I can say is I see one HUGE LAWSUIT coming against everyone concerned. To the father? KUDOS for holding your cool. Best Regards and Stay Safe Everyone from Ontario, Canada, Jenn
My parents demanded a warrant, the police said it’s in the car, and refused to show it, police decided to shove their way into the house, then a month later, came back and arrested my 81 year old father and 60 year old mother for assaulting an officer/obstruction of justice 3 counts because there were 3 cops.
When we get a call for service………. Obviously the cops feel all of your rights are suspended because their phone rings. I wonder how that will work out in court. The cops just keep saying listen listen listen listen when the facts are we don’t have to listen to them and we don’t have to speak to them .
The citizens, one day will use the “I feared for my life” excuse. This would have been a good time for it.
This reminds me of when I was 6-7 years old. My Father was a single parent. He was an alcoholic and heroin addict, but he never put his hands on me. Cops used to force their way in and beat the living $h.. out of my dad. They even went as far as to throw him down 5 flights of stairs. When it came to court time, these TYRANTS would lie in their report. Saying, “he fell!” I would tell court the truth, but of course they wouldn’t listen. Poor lil boy. Good old boys in blue still wondering why us people of color don’t trust them??? (I really want to go off in my comments, because this video is a trigger for me)!!!
We need to start having special doors made that automatically close at the push of a button to close the threshold of a door and sever anything that is breaking that threshold. Cops might start learning when half their foot is where it should never have been to start with.
That’s scary shit! The cop immediately tried to say he saw broken glass and stop hurting your child. Scary when law enforcement puts themselves above the law.
You should have made a citizens arrest, request that the second officer arrest the trespasser, and demand a supervisor. You provided several trespasser notices. At that point both lose qualified immunity.
This would not be happening if there was no Qualified Immunity and the police had to carry their own liability insurance!
So if there’s a call for a domestic disturbance, all the abuser has to do is say they can’t come in without a warrant? In my country, there wouldn’t have been more than 10 seconds in this situation before the cops came in. This man is responsible for his sons tears.
They are claiming extengent circumstance, but those concerns should have been relieved without entrance into the residence by 10:04 time stamp. There was clearly no threat to life or limb at that point. These cops forced their way in for no other reason than to demonstrate their dominance. They willfully escalated a routine disturbance call with criminal intent to cause harm.
Doesn’t “exigent circumstance” mean someone inside the home is in immediate danger? If they had that, they would be in the home already, IMO. Courts have traditionally let cops do almost anything, as it relates to 4th amendment violations. Cops have something like 10 ways to enter a residence without a warrant, and the courts rarely hammer them for the violations, so this guy may be able to pry a civil judgement out of the city, maybe.
This is when a door chain comes in handy. Set it up so it only opens 1/2 inch. Or better yet, get a doorbell cam with audio and put it on your door. I watched a guy argue with cops/CPS through his doorbell cam while he was actually in the background cutting his neighbour’s lawn. Hilarious.
The cops do need to investigate calls regarding a disturbance and make sure everybody is okay and I I wasn’t sure if the man being questioned was being reasonable until later in the video he told the officer that he would cooperate and keep the door open if the officer would step out of the doorway. Then I became appalled when they actually forced their way in. They should never have been in the doorway to begin with and if the man wouldn’t cooperate by at least answering questions that should be enough for reasonable suspicion to get a warrant to make sure that the man didn’t commit child or spousal abuse. From what I could tell they had no probable cause to force their way in and they should all probably be fired if that is the case.

Show less

In most states, the only way police can enter a home without a warrant, is when they have PC that a crime is “in progress”, not “may have been committed”. Don’t know the details here, but what’s obvious is these cops are blocking the door, been told to leave, are trespassing, and trying to force their way in someone’s home to search every room, drawer, toy box etc, just hoping to find anything to use against this man. This homeowner was great and I hope this worked out big for him.
I knew shit was bout to pop off when Officer Crazy Eyes strolled up. Poor baby, I hope the man and his son are doing ok now…
Sadly, this man will lose any lawsuit based on “Exigent Circumstances” (defined below) as mentioned by the Sgt. when he arrived. This is a law that police use to screw your 4th amendment. Call your congressman and demand the law be abolished.
I am not a lawyer but I believe there were some civil liberties violations here. They said they were there on a call for a domestic disturbance with a female and just because he won’t let them in to ascertain if there is one there does not give them the legal right to barge in unless they hear her cry for help. I would cite very serious fourth amendment violation concerns here.
This is main reason why I invested in a Ring device! I can still communicate with people, and don’t have to open the door to anyone Law Enforcement included.
If the police actually had the right to make entry like they claim, they would not have wasted all that time talking. They know they had no legal power there, and they know it. Also, their story flipped between “welfare check” to “disturbance call.”
That same thing happened here in Harnett co and ended with Livingston being shot killed because he closed the door on the deputy’s foot !
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. UNLESS “SOMEONE” MAKES A CALL!
Easy win 42USC1983 case. Any lawyer would take it. An officer placing their foot past the threshold on hearsay is trespassing. Investigating on hearsay does not allow them to barge in to somebody’s home. Prosecutor should also charge them under 18USC241 and 18USC242.
This is why a good relationship with the community is important. People dont even respect you or trust you enough for a simple welfare check. You have no one to blame but your own organization!
I found asking them to repeat their lies again and again and again works quite well.
If he was at the cops house like this with his foot in the door, that’s not trespassing. Good to know
Heads up all. The reason why cops place their foot in between the door is for (2) reasons:
Reason #1 – In the event you close it they can claim you assaulted them in the event they have no probable cause or basis for being at your residence.
Reason #2 – Keeping the door open allows them to look inside and smell and observe the activity within your home to establish probable cause.
when will we say enough is enough , a neighbor can call and say what ever they want and cause this to a family enough already
This clown should be sued for saying there is exigent circumstances OR they would have entered already. It only has force of law if there is immediate danger to someone, to stop destruction of evidence or to chase an escaping offender and thats it. Despicable and unlawful and I hope he sues these fools and thugs with badged. What has happened in the last 9 months?
most cases, police officers probably cannot enter a home without permission during a welfare check. However, if they feel that they have reason to believe that someone is in danger, and/or that a crime is being committed in the home, then they can typically enter the home without permission. Pretty sure none of this has happened they need a warrant what the hell is wrong with these cops?
They were just biding time for authorization to enter from a supervisor. They were unsure if they had probable cause enough to enter, so they figured they’d just trespass “a little bit” and to keep the door from closing until they could get authorization that they had enough probable cause. Once they got the OK, they just blew in. That authorization “qualified” their “immunity.”

 

 

 

 

What Rights Do You Have To Stop Cops From Entering Your House – Warrants, Consent, Exigency

What Rights Do You Have To Stop Cops From Entering Your House – Warrants, Consent, Exigency

When can Cops enter your home? What cops use to enter your home. I discuss how Gov or Law Enforcement can gain entry to your home and under what circumstances they can enter your home without your consent or approval.

I have a video about why you should not talk to cops that I encourage all people to watch. Nothing good comes from talking or cooperating with the Gov. Once Gov is involved it can only down hill from there. Once Gov gets an inch of control they will always want more and you will end up playing catch up and wishing Gov was never invovled. Here is the link to that video:
http://www.thinklikeahorse.org/All_Ab…

I have said many times when I was a cop – It is better if you don’t make a statement, don’t talk to me and remain silent. There is an attitude that if you remain silent or refuse to talk, then you must be guilty or have something to hide. In the current adversarial relationship between citizens and the Government, protecting yourself should be your primary concern.

Nothing you say can help you and can only be used against you. Police work for the Government and politicians, they have careers to protect, policy to follow, they make mistakes, they misremember things, some things are accidentally left out of reports, their memory is not perfect and many other factors can come into play and you may become collateral damage during an investigation. The old saying, Truth is what the cop puts in the police report, is true to many.

Any lawyer will tell you DO NOT talk to the cops or give any statements. Anything you say can be misunderstood, taken wrong, repeated wrong, remembered wrong, important parts can be forgotten, confused or intentionally withheld by the Government, especially if it hurts their case.

This video is a Lawyer that explains this very well. Invest 20 minutes and watch this video where this experienced Lawyer gives specific reasons on why you should not talk to the Police.

Comments

As a law abiding citizen I appreciate the information but the behavior you described of cops today is very concerning. What happened to protect and serve. You see more and more police departments looking more and more like military operatives and that is scary even as a law abiding citizen.

 

 

If this is true–that cops can create exigent circumstances on a whim and thus can break in without consequences–the system needs to CHANGE. One of the important critical costs of individual liberty that an individual having a right to be secure in his person is that COPS DO NOT HAVE THE AUTOMATIC RIGHT TO WIN unless they can prove it to a judge who would provide a warrant. A person’s home is his sanctuary. Period. If cops want to snag someone who’s in his house and don’t have a warrant, starve him out. Don’t break in. If someone’s life is in danger, cops don’t have–that is, should not have–the limitless power to resolve the situation, not at the cost of one’s right to be secure. To argue otherwise is to give absolute power to a police state, which I’m beginning to realize we may have already become, rather than a nation governed by individual rights. But the greater crime is in the courts/”justice” system that have successfully absolved such tyrannical violations of the 4th amendment and given what was said in this video the backing of precedent. Checks and balances clearly end at the courts, a tragedy that is ultimately causing the implosion of our nation. Granted, the stories this guy shares are examples of where having a police state worked out nicely.

 

So you can do nothing wrong but be a victim of impatient cops attending a bogus call, not even get charged, and still receive a record? “Land of the free” The more I learn about our legal system the more I despise it, it’s despicable and constantly stacked against the citizens. A cop will give you a record just because he didn’t want to have to justify his unneeded use of force on paper. What the hell…

 

most everything you’ve said is why law enforcement has very low respect. I had a DA tell me Law Enforcement is not an honorable job anymore.

 

“There’s a difference between kicking a door and preventing you from closing the door” that right there tells you everything you need to know about cops.

 

by the way I am law abiding citizen and a veteran … I believe in the constitution to the fullest! officers infringe on that daily! a good friend of mine that I severed with  just became a officer in texas … his class skipped over learning bout the constitution … umm… that’s an issue for me … how many agencies do that !? isn’t the fucking constitution the basis for our laws ,rights, way of life ?
Officer, what you’re saying is that police will, after violently harming an innocent person, will arrest them, book them, and give them a criminal record so they don’t look bad? That’s what I would call a disgusting and evil action.  That, and the victim of those perpetrators would also have a good claim for a 1983 suit.
Wrong house and home owner gets killed or shot and injured? In my opinion the fact that you got the wrong house means you’re wrong and completely liable for anything and everything. Period.
An attorney named Dale Carson wrote a book called “Arrestproof Yourself”. In that book he stresses that when ever you deal with government and law enforcement to ‘Shut the hell up”. To never EVER start talking to them. That they are NOT your friends. That book should be required reading for every citizen of this country. The information contained would help to put the kabash on a lot of governmental and law enforcement abuse. Most police I know are pretty good people just doing a dirty job. But I have met a few who I am amazed ever passed a psych test.
I appreciate your information, except the part where you laugh about busting in the wrong house and you told the lady to have the city pay for the damage. Disgusting! How would you feel if someone busted into your home and just said, “oops, I made a mistake. Sorry“? Yeah, that’s what I thought. This is why a lot of people hate the cops. The “I can do anything I want because I’m a cop and my union and the city will protect me” Is absolutely disgusting.
I must have been 18 yrs old and in my 1st apartment. One morning police knock on my door and I opened it, next the officer asked to come in, I complied. At that point I felt violated because behind that 1st officer was another 6 cops. They each went through all my rooms, drawers, closets, etc… I realized I made a mistake, I was young but I learned that just because I had nothing to hide doesn’t mean I didn’t have rights.
if this does not convince you that you live in a police state I don’t know what will
This man swore an oath to uphold the constitution? Let that sink in a while.
long story short…sounds like they can make up any excuse and enter your house without your consent or warrant
You should have explained how cops trick people into letting them in because the cops don’t specify what kind of warrant, a search warrant and an arrest warrant are two entirely different things. And how an arrest warrant doesn’t give any cop entry into a home unless the cop just saw the person enter the home, or the cop sees the person in the home. Cops will yell, ‘we have a warrant’, but they don’t say it’s an arrest warrant, trying to scare people into opening their door, when they don’t have to open the door. Cops rely on people being ignorant of the law, due process, procedure, etc. If cops say they have a search warrant, they have to show it to you upon request, and it has to have a penned signature by a judge, and it needs to be very specific about where and why. If it has 1 error, then it should be considered null and void.
  • I heard somebody say help so I kicked the door in.
  • I saw somebody moving the house so I kicked the door in. I
  • thought I smelt smoke so I kicked your door in.
  • It was cold outside so I kicked your door in.
Sounds like a warrant is pretty useless to me when all you have to do is make up some bull shit excuse to get in. Never ever talk to the cops they are not your friend…
>> they can lie and they ain’t gonna believe you.
80% of police work is causing people grief over b.s., to collect fines. Policing for profit. 20% is positive and necessary .
Also your “goofy” presentation style and apparently cavalier attitude toward the violation of citizen rights seems to be in line with the way law enforcement treats citizens these days: with disrespect
I love this guy’s stories! Also, thanks for keeping it real with us citizen’s who ate struggling to not offend authorities to the point of incarceration due to wounded ego vs. Expecting privacy of self and property as guaranteed under the 4th amendment.
It’s absolutely a violation of our civil rights to force entry while you wait for a warrant. A homeowner would be perfectly justified to defend themselves against such use of unlawful force. A warrant is the ONLY justification for you to force entry. An officer is sworn to defend our rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. If an officer violates that oath by failing to follow proper due process, he is no longer properly acting as the enforcement arm of the law. At any point that the officer violates his duty to defend and uphold our rights as guaranteed by the Constitution, he ceases to be Constitutionally justified in his actions, and is subject to the same counteracting use of force that any common criminal would be. We have to protect the absolute fail-safe right of We the People to use defensive force against ANY intruder who does not have a proper warrant. Otherwise, you end up with unscrupulous officers using loopholes such as the ones described in the video to enter unlawfully.
Great video and great info. The statements about the officers making decisions to cover their own butts instead of following the law and protecting the rights of the citizens are very sad but true. Also the statements about the cops having a chip on their their shoulder for anyone you does not follow all their “orders” whether those orders are lawfully given or not. People with that sort of ego should not be given a badge and gun. I think we are all going to have to start wearing body cameras to have evidence when these behaviors happen. Unfortunately, it is too easy for an officer to lie about what happened to make it sound like he was right. The DA and the judge will tend to believe him, not the citizen. So the citizen gets screwed.
Well since everyone is sharing, I guess I should too… I lived in Hamilton Ohio with my wife and first child. I was playing on my Xbox 360 and had been for about 2 and a half hrs and suddenly heard someone talking at my window,” are you sure? This guy is sitting here playing a video game.” I instantly tensed up not knowing what was about to happen. I then heard a knock at the door and got up to go answer it. I asked through the door who it was and they said HPD can you open the door so we can speak with you for a moment. So being only 19 at the time I was unaware of my rights regarding entry to my home, I opened the door to have a word and was instantly bulled back by a police officer and pushed on to my ottoman and told not to stand up while being held at gunpoint. 6 other police officers rushed in behind him in swat garb with assault rifles and started searching the house. I asked what was going on and the on who was standing over me with his pistol told me they received a call that a woman was being held hostage by a man with an assault rifles, then he asked me if I had any firearms and if there was anyone else in the house. I told him about my dad’s shotgun in the next room in a locked case and that my wife and daughter were upstairs sleeping. Two officers then went upstairs to wake up my wife and daughter to “make sure they were ok” then promptly left. If that isn’t messed up and illegal idk what is. Note: this was probably around 2-3 am
We’ve investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing.
What about the classic “You open the door and the cop sticks their foot in the door so you can’t close it, tactic.” Why did you leave that part out?
“I smell marijuana.” How does someone overcome this since cops are allowed to lie?
>> Cops are not allowed lie about facts that develop their PC.
>>  @S Campbell  But, they do.
At the beginning you list only 3 ways a cop can enter someone’s house. You left out the one most often used.
COERCION
coercion noun plural noun: coercions
The practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

>> @Ricky Mellottsr  “either let us in now or we are going to come back with a warrant. if you make us get a warrant you are going to make us mad. when we return with that warrant we will search and destroy your property.” and they will destroy everything.

I appreciate straight-talkers, regardless of what they’re saying or their message. Thank you for your prospective, insight, and this conveyance. It was informative and clear.
So the key is too keep them off the property and keep the door closed. Also by federal law cops cuffing and not arresting you is a battery. Don’t believe me, ask a lawyer. He is also just admitted HE IS A DIRTY COP by saying he books people that he knows haven’t committed a crime and seeing other do so because he and them don’t want to have to justify their use of force. He is exactly what’s wrong with the cops in the US.
Thanks for your information and it’s pretty accurate as far as I can tell. You at least seem like a stand up guy and sincere on your points that are well taken. Nowadays the disconnect comes in when cops over-step their bounds then double down with petty retaliation tactics.THEN the citizens seem to have NO recourse when it’s plain that the cops were wrong and it’s even plain that the “revenge” tactic was done for obvious reasons. Plain and simple fact is ordinary citizens do not like being treated and talked to like they are ALREADY in prison. (Very unprofessional) All due respect to the job, but not to some of these bullies and thugs that we ALL know are out there. Thanks in advance for giving me this platform to air my personal opinion.
In other words, The Fourth Amendment protects nothing.
How is anyone supposed to know that the person banging on your door is an actual cop?
6:59When your working on an exigency situation to get in someones house, Its up to the cop to create that exigency” I have a problem with a lot of this. It is not illegal to not answer the door, even if its a cop. Its not illegal to no not acknowledge the cops even if they see you inside not answering them. I get it, someone called…. Talk to the caller, if they dont say anything that gives exigency to the situation in and of itself then aww well. Do not pass go. Stay the fuck outta my house. I’m in here getting paranoid like a motherfu**er and your killin my buzz from these brownies my aunt made me for Christmas
I found this video to be very disturbing. Something about this video seems to trivializing immorality. First of all, a cop should be intelligent enough and careful enough to NOT go to the WRONG house, especially knowing what the consequences could be. A person could be running in their house for any reason. Perhaps a person is not suitably dressed and runs to put something decent on. Normally people (myself included) don’t expect someone to kick the door of the house so they might hang around the house looking any kind of way. As far as exigency, I need clarification. Is exigency always started for the benefit of the resident or can it be used for other reasons? A neighbor’s call might indicate exigency or not mean anything, especially when people call cops on their neighbors out of spite. The purpose of a welfare check is to benefit the person who’s welfare is at risk. The person who the call was made for or didn’t instantly answer the door should not be abused because “he’s a jerk that pissed off one of our people…” What does that have to do with the welfare of the victim? At this point, the issue is ego and not ‘serving and protecting’. This video was informative but left me feeling very sad and with a little less respect for the police, because as I said it trivialized certain things that don’t need to happen.

The Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I believe in warrants.Yet when cops use warrants and they find nothing.They should be held to accountability.This does not happen now. This is where law on warrants should be changed. Such as there should be folks there with cops , that are trust worthy to watch every move of the cops. Cops are not trust worthy. This is a added accountability for cops to try to keep them honest. If cops are caught by these mediators planting stuff. Then the cops are automatically given twenty years. with out parole. When warrants are issued for wrong address.Then these cops who bust down the door and terrorize a family.Then these thugs should be charged with terroristic tactics. These terrorist should be charged with a felony with at least a minimum of 25 years to life in prison. Cops by nature are dishonest and natural born liars. The system protects these terrorist. Warrant system and blue privelege is what also protects these criminals. Cops are not human they are animals.

 

You’re laughing about entering the wrong residence. You’re laughing about walking away as the lady is frantic because you broke her window. You’re laughing as you say you tell her the city will pay for it. Then, later in your discussion, you joke about entering someone’s residence after chasing the “large black man”, drawing your weapon and scaring the daylights out of innocent people. I’m sure it DEFINITELY wasn’t funny then. Why do you think it’s funny later? What’s funny about that?
This is the kind of logic that’s what’s wrong with this country. You LEO’s somehow believe you’re justified in your actions – despite you ADMITTING you messed up or, later, aiming your weapon at innocent people. WTF?! There’s never been another time in America where citizens have a strong dislike and distrust for police than there is now. Do you really believe talking about your past transgressions in this manner is going to help? And just because someone is a “jerk” to LEO’s doesn’t excuse illegal action. It’s this mindset that somehow, because you have a badge and you’ve been disrespected, you have the “right” to infringe on the rights of others. I do applaud you for educating the public regarding your train of thought and a glimpse into the mind of a LEO. It IS helpful. I just think you could’ve handled it better.
police don’t get into trouble anyways no matter what they do, they always get a slap on the hand .
>> not true, cops lose their job very easy for misconduct and lying, but they have be caught red handed and with video that is getting easier.
>>  even with clear video of them committing crimes like murder and other major violation of the law, some of them only get a light sentence, that amounts to nothing, and some time no jail time just fired ..

>> It may seem that way but being a cop is not easy and there is just so many laws, policies, court cases, use of force rules it is an enormous amount of information to process in a spit second that can mean you either die or live..  the courts and Gov knows if they do not give a lot of protection for the guys doing the job, then it will harder to find people willing do it.  Unless the Gov crashes the economy so the only jobs are in Gov that way no can say no or go against them or they will be without jobs..  Believe me NO cop goes to work thinking yee haw I can do whatever I want and I don’t have any worries…  it is the opposite.

Black Female Federal Officer in uniform, racially profiled by white police officer in Alabama

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/r9OntarZQOc” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

A 15-year federal law enforcement black female officer got pulled over by a white Alabama cop on July 31, 2020.

 

I pray that this woman is protected from all dangers physically, financially and spiritually.
My heart hurts for Ms Jackson! I’m a white retired County Constable from Northern Kentucky. I can say that I don’t know what she goes through as a black female in this country, but I can say I have never treated anyone any different than anyone else! Hell my mother always told me that we all bleed red (some of us blue) and breathe the same air. I always taught my kids the same! I am embarrassed for those 2 deputies! God bless you Ms. Jackson and keep fighting the good fight! I know I am!!
Been there done that, 25 years in law enforcement. My Lord, how many experiences like that I had, even in my own jurisdiction.
In uniform her blue life didn’t matter because her black life was never recognized…
I’m a white man who has been in federal and local law enforcement for the same time as you and I could not agree with you more! You are 100% right and officers like them don’t deserve to wear a uniform. They are a danger to the public because they are hyped up with fear and power. We have to be respectful and treat others like humans. Pleas continue to teach new officers how to conduct themselves. Maybe we can make things better…
I’m glad this situation ended with you being safe
I’m a white male that has been DPSST certified for 15 years, my heart goes out to you. You are completely correct, and I will never understand the scope of discrimination that you have endured based on your color and your gender. Having said that, we all know that the culture of policing needs reform. And I feel bad saying reform because it’s not strong enough. There are so many good people that go into LE and loose themselves in the boys club culture of LE. I have changed my career in the last few months, I live in Portland, OR and I can no longer support the culture that LE was built on. I don’t have to tell you how laws have been designed to keep black and brown people seen as less than. I myself had to battle with the influence of the LE culture, it is real and you are completely correct. I’m so sorry that this happens to you, I am literally crying watching you speak on this because I have seen it so much and I know what you’re saying is true. Some of my closest friends are cops, and they are good people, but the culture of policing was built on discrimination and classism. I’d say stay strong but I can tell by this vid that you don’t need to hear that. So I’ll say I’m sorry, and I hope to live to see true equality.

Show less

 

 

Pulled Over For Driving Too Safely

 

“Most Texans don’t go 60 they go 80”. So he’s getting punished for not going over the speed limit!?!? This is a joke

 

“Isn’t 60 safer than 70” “Well actually you’re suppose to go the posted speed” “No, that’s the maximum” Holy shit that man came with the factual statements lol.

 

Cops: “Why does everyone hate cops?” Also Cops: “You are obeying the law and I don’t like it. I’m going fish for a reason to arrest you.”
Imagine being a cop and thinking “Wow, this guy is driving awfully safe… I better make sure he’s not drunk!”
9:35 Cop: “Most Texans go 80 in a 70 zone.” Man: “Well, why aren’t you stopping them instead?”


What brings you to this part of Texas? Like it’s illegal to drive from Austin to Plano or something. And now that he pulled him over for no reason he’s trying to bust him for the rental car lol. It’s like if I can’t get you for being too safe I’ll just find a reason. Boy this cop really wants that promotion for most tickets given out. He’s as bad as a used car salesman.
He realized the guy was okay when he talked to him. His ego just wouldn’t let it go.
I got stopped for “driving too safe” once. As soon as the officer came over, he asked why I was driving like that. I asked him what he meant. He said I was driving “suspiciously” safe. I facepalmed in front of him and asked him if driving safely was a crime. He didnt say yes, he started beating around the bush by saying “im the one asking questions here”. I stayed silent the rest of the time. I didnt commit any crime and I didnt answer any more questions. He eventually got bored after a few minutes and left
“I’m just pulling you over to make sure you are okay.” “You’re okay?” “Cool, here is your warning. Fantastic dialogue right there. From what I’ve seen on this channel, open dialogue with a Police Officer isn’t friendly or polite, it’s basically phishing. Who can blame people for only complying with the bare legal requirements when engaged with a Police Officer? Any further and you are a successful mark. When did Police Officers become street magicians? “Look here, see how you are a lawful citizen? Bam, now you’re a criminal, hands up.” Sad and appalling.

 

What erodes our confidence in officers is knowing that the good ones know what the bad ones do and are doing, but won’t blow the whistle because of the brotherhood.

 

this is the equivalent of pulling somebody over for coming to a full complete stop at a stop sign. nobody stops at a stop sign, it was suspicious behavior.
it’s so weird how cops spend most of their time giving our bs tickets and harassing people when they could be focusing on things that actually matter like, actual criminal things.
I thought he was doing a reasonable stop. Then he said “I’m giving you a warning, please give me your papers”. And like that, a reasonable stop turns into a power trip. You made your point, let the man get on with his life.

 

“Why were you driving 60 in a 75?” “Because I saw you behind me and I’m terrified of stupid, unreasonable cops.”
“Your behavior is consistent with someone who’s intoxicated” He saw he wasn’t intoxicated. Thats where the stop should’ve ended.
“You’re getting off with a warning”, then proceeds to ask tons of inconsequential questions. Typical cop behavior, trying to implicate a person for a crime.

 

This is literally the meme of, “Do you know why I pulled you over?” “But officer, I was going the speed limit!” “Exactly. Go 10 miles over the speed limit or go back to whatever state you’re from.”
One of the things that my driving instructor told me, that has stuck with me decades later is this: “The speed limit is the MAXIMUM speed you can travel, under absolutely PERFECT driving conditions”. Meaning, if it’s raining, traffic is heavily congested or any other number of factors, you should probably be going UNDER the max speed.
>> The really interesting thing though is how these speeds are typically calculated here in the US. Generally what happens is they send someone (like an intern) out to a new road, who then records the speeds of the people driving on it. Then after collecting enough data they say the 85th percentile is the speed limit and call it a day. Which you know really gives me confidence that these speed limits are masterfully planned
In 1994, I learned firsthand how some police departments definitely have a “quota”. I had been severely injured in a car accident the year before and had been unable to work. The tags on my truck expired but I didn’t have the money to renew them. I was literally on my way to my first job interview in more than 10 months when I was pulled over for expired plates on the 29th of May. I explained the situation, but the cop was unsympathetic. He wrote me up for four tickets, three of which were centered around the expired tags. The fourth was for not wearing a seatbelt. I went to court and when the judge read off the tickets, one after another, everyone in the courtroom was snickering. When she was done she simply asked if I would like to speak to a deputy D.A. I said yes. He was a very nice young man who gave me a chance to explain the circumstances, and I was able to show him that I’d since renewed my tags after getting the job (despite being late to the interview). He said that three tickets for one minor offense was unreasonable and dismissed them. Then he asked, “Tell me honestly, were you wearing your seatbelt?” I said, “No, I wasn’t. “ He thanked me for my honesty and charged me $10 for that. Yeah, quotas absolutely do exist and they shouldn’t.
“Where ya headed?” “That way” “Where ya coming from?” “The other way.”

 

It is not unlawful for the police to interrogate you during a stop or even a regular conversation. If the driver would have known at the time ; he could have stopped the interrogation cold. At anytime you can withdraw your implied consent to be interrogated without an attorney present. He was under no obligation to provide the officer details not pertaining to the traffic stop. He should have invoked the 5th.

 

When police ask you to sit in their patrol car passenger seat they want to better assess if they can smell alcohol and/or get you to say something incriminating, FYI.
>> Had an officer do this to me and then change his tune real quick when he saw I’m in the Army. Let me go faster than someone holding a hot potato.

>> When they arrest or ticket someone on active duty, the Army for example will investigate the matter and be in contact with the police department who issued the citation.

 

Why do cops always ask where you’re headed or where you’re going, as if it’s any of their business or you have to justify or explain your movements to them? I love everything I’ve learned from this channel, and I’ll definitely keep in mind the myriad things I’ve learned in any future dealings I may have with law enforcement.
When you hear “I just wanted to make sure you are okay” you know they are gonna harass you for no reason what so ever
I remember hearing a prosecutor say in court that he would prosecute someone driving 46 mph in a 45 mph speed zone. This makes us distrust the legal system if we are stopped for going too slow.
The problem with “your right to silence” is the following. “So, what’s your name ?” “I’m invoking my right to silence.” Officer steps back for a second and thinks to himself, “I am going to get this fuck arrested for something before the day is done, I promise you.
Cop: “You were driving a bit slow. Tell me everything about yourself, then drop your pants”
.. Most people, esp. green card holders, do not understand this. Police are intimidating; and a police officer can ruin your life. People will often just comply to avoid any resistance, and can you blame them? I can’t.
Cop: “your behavior is consistent of someone who is intoxicated…” Driver: “your behavior is consistent with someone who needs more training…”
Driving too slowly impedes traffic and creates a safety hazard. So stop a vehicle in that lane for several minutes. Roadside traffic stops are generally more unsafe than the behavior that caused the stop. Laws need to be changed to require officers to direct drivers to a safe location.
4:38 “What brings you to this part of Texas besides that your car broke down?” Does the officer have the right to ask this question? This whole stop is very confusing.
They have the right to ask whatever questions they like. They’re just hoping their victims are ignorant enough to answer.
Sure he can ask…its a dumb question from any perspective even if the guy was holding up banks on the way and mowing people down GTA style it would still be one of the dumbest and most pointless questions to ask and to repeat the question…..as though it had any real value….beyond stupid.
They hope by extending the encounter it may bring other issues to light that they can then investigate for a possible crime.
 @John Romero  Yes, they can ask, but should they? Questions like this are great source of distrust between the police and the public. Questioning reasons why someone is somewhere sounds a lot like you’re not welcome there and creates atmosphere / feeling where people feel they have no right to the freedom of movement. Every time police officer is conducting their business they should also concider PR, how their behavior may affect people’s feelings and their sense of security, freedoms and privacy and ultimately the whole community.
That was a Gestapo Nazi cop style question.
 @Banjong Philaiwan  the more I think about it, the more it sounds like a visa question. So I’d be inclined to answer along the lines of “My permanent residence somewhere in Country X brings me to the State of Y” because the “business” / “pleasure” answers aren’t applicable unless you’re visiting country on a visa which is granted for the purpose of either business or pleasure. That’s pretty much my take on it although I’m not sure most cops really understand what it is they’re asking or what the question is for.
Guy is driving a rental car and doesn’t want to damage it so drives carefully. What’s the problem with that, officer?
I guess this officer doesn’t have elderly drivers in his area, they sometimes drive 60 in a 80 mph zone.
Most good drivers take it easy when driving cars they’re not used to. This cop is a nut case.
9:36 Cop: Most Texans don’t drive safely under the maximum speed limit, rather they go 80, not 60, on a 70 mph road, so I’m giving you a written warning for driving safely, instead of illegally fast. This sums up why the traffic stop was extremely unreasonable and the warning an abuse of power.
I’ve been pulled over for, and I quote, driving so proper for someone in a sporty car it was worrying. He followed me for 15 minutes before pulling me over.
That California license plate is perfect prey for quotas, since out of staters rarely contest tickets if they have to take time off and travel for court appearances. Easy revenue.
“Do you know why I stopped you?” “Because fighting real crime is hard.”
“Damned if you do and damned if you don’t!” Americans deserve better than this type of harassment!
The officer actually encouraged the safe driver that he should be going 80 (10 miles over the speed limit), instead of 60 (10 miles under the max which is legal). I was waiting to see if he asked, ‘You’re suggesting I speed, officer?’
“What brings you this way?” The dude literally just told you. Is it illegal to have an accent in Texas yet? This cop literally told him he should be breaking the law rather than driving under the limit.
Speed limit has no determination on getting pulled over. Most States have laws concerning driving too slowly or too fast and even doing the speed limit they can get you for driving too slow/fast for conditions. What’s all that mean? No matter what there is always an excuse an officer can rely on to pull you over.
I hear you on this,When it all boils down they get to go off their feelings and that’s scary,you see deputy douchebag real reason for pulling him over he thought he had a drunker..
Here in San Diego, quite few years ago now, a cop hit a pedestrian, and he was speeding a little. It was explained to us serfs that speed limit laws are actually quite flexible, and the officer was doing nothing wrong.
The cop is like: “Can you say something illegal? I’m low on my quota.”
Man, I got so angry when he kept asking why he was there. The guy was such a sweetheart patiently repeating his answers over and over
I was told by multiple NY state trooper pals that driving at the speed limit is very suspicious behavior. They want to see you going 5 to 9 mph over the limit. 10 mph over is too much. Those are strict guidelines that differ greatly from what we were all taught.
This exact thing happened to me, I was doing 95 in a 100 Kph zone and the officer said that people typically go 115 or more. I actually asked, “So why did you pull me over rather than someone actually breaking the law?” He then informed me that he could write me a $200 ish ticket, I pointed out that his name would be on the ticket and that would make filing a complaint really easy. He straight up walked away without indicating that the stop was done and just hoped back im his car and drove off. It is also worth noting that as I pointed out the complaint I gestured to my dashcam which wasn’t even set up properly at the time but just the thought that he had been recorded saying he pulled over a person following the laws rather than the ones that were actually breaking them was enough for him to leave without incident. He definitely suspected me of being intoxicated as his questioning reflected that but I very clearly wasn’t and there is no point in prolonging the traffic stop just to try and pretend that he had another reason.
>> Him: “I need to pick up my car because it broke down” Cop: “So why are you heading this way” Him: “To pick up my car….”
>> Also Cop: But why are you here Him: ???? <Puzzled> to pick up my car from the shop COP: But why are you in my county …..
>> Why are you here? Why were you vacationing? Why were you born?
This is oddly close to where I live and I love it. Finally displaying how the cops act out here.
“does it go on the record” -no in that case, what is the point? if there is no record of the warning, what would happen if another cop stops him for doing the exact same thing again?
I love the way you breakdown these stops. I think these worse be an excellent training tool in police academies. Show the video without the voice over, send them home with some work and analysis then breakdown the stop. This as a training tactic would save lives, money and rebuild trust. Thank you.
“You’re just gonna get a warning” for not disrupting traffic and driving safely. Understandable have a nice day.
🙄 I hate when they say, “I’m trying to make sure you’re ok.” Where he’s going isn’t any of his MF’in business. 🙄
Why was he asked to go into the cop car to receive the warning? And I am confused why this wasn’t addressed in the video?
A police car tailing you with no lights is an excellent reason to slow down.
When the hell does a cop ever ask you to sit in the passenger seat of his car?! I would be sus as hell and probably refuse.
After watching a lot of these videos, I have learned you can not win with cops. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
It’s funny how it’s called a speed LIMIT yet we can’t go under it
The deputy may not have been “rude” but he was definitely disrespectful.
He was being a polite jerk. The man did obey and listen to the cop so that helped. Had he known his rights and laws and challenged the cop who knows. He should file a complaint. That warning shouldn’t be on his record.
I agree. It almost like passive aggressiveness, whereby the words are nice but the intent isn’t. You can be politely deprived of your rights and liberty. A bit like a smiling executioner!
Now I know why I’m alive. I have always treated police like they are crazy by remaining calm, not challenging them, and allowing them to overreach their authority when dealing with me, the dozen times in my life I’ve dealt with them.
He said “I just have to document my stop” Then he tells the man “No, this doesnt go on the record.” Since when was documenting something for the record, not putting it on record? He lied to a man who broke no laws, gave a warning for no reason other than to protect his failed pull over attempt, and looked for other problems in a case where he should have never even made a traffic stop.
Damn. Stopping the guy for no reason, interrogating him, even when he responds and explained why he is in that part of town, he keeps fishing. Even asking for the rental agreement. And they wonder why people hate police?
I have seen cops ride the rear bumper of a car driving the speed limit forcing them to drive faster. Then they give them a speeding ticket. Small towns in the mid west are notorious for this kind of “law enforcement.” They watch for plates from another state and pounce on them because they know the driver won’t come back to fight the bogus charge.
Although we have the right to remain silent, all I’ve ever seen on this channel when it comes to citizens remaining silent just caused more problems. I think he was in the right for cooperating with the officer.
That was a prime example of an officer going on desperate fishing expedition . . . and wanting to exert his authority.
The frequent braking was what caused the stop. I see this a lot around here and it’s because people drive with two feet. So you’ll see brake lights even during acceleration.
This reminds me of the time I was pulled over for driving in the far left lane on the highway. Mind you, the other two lanes were being paved, so it was the only lane left. Rookie cops…
Last video I watched on here was two drunk cops getting pulled over. Neither getting charged for being drunk with a firearm and the driver being allowed to go home after being taken to the station….meanwhile this guy gets pulled over and questioned for driving safely….there is something fundamentally wrong with the policing system.
A warning is like getting an incorrect answer on a quiz before an exam. There’s a reason this happened; maybe you misread a question, lacked domain knowledge, or maybe you ran out of testing time, et cetera. But it gives you something specific that you and your teach can correct, so you get it right in the future. With this warning for his “driving behavior,” there is no specific item for this man to focus on in order to subsequently avoid another warning or citation. (Perhaps he’s advocating doing 80?).
Audit the Audit gets an F, for failing to give this dummy cop the grade he deserves.
>> His grade is appropriate because cops do far worse things. See if this cop got a F what would a worse interaction be? It’s sad but honest.
 @Ted Bell  I agree the cop deserves a F and I like freedom but refer to my previous comment. The man had a out of state license plate. The cop was hoping the man was intoxicated to search the vehicle. Any large amount of cash would be seized under civil asset forfeiture.
 @tonyetzu  He says what the cop did was questionably legal, which would be up to a court to decide. Based on past casee and current laws ata doesnt find it to be outright illegal. Just because you feel like the cop should get an F doesn’t me he generally should. Again everything was questionable and shady, but he didnt throw things like “it smells like weed” or just start searching the vehicle without consent. That’s why he got the grade.
 @MrPopo69zkai  No need to give the cop credit just for what he didn’t do, you are too eager to give the cop credit just for not doing corrupt things, like searching the vehicle without consent, or shooting the man in the face, etc. You have low standards for Police work. I’m aware of what ATA thought of the interaction, hence my original post. My grade stands- F. Thanks for your input.
 @Kurt Wetzel  you don’t need to be able to go lower than an f. If an officer breaks the law in any way they fail. There are degrees of success but failure is failure.
 @MrPopo69zkai  he never should have stopped the guy for obeying the law (he wasn’t swerving or showing any other signs of impairment), he displays obvious signs of racism (“you’re not from around here boy”, questioning about his background, the prolonged questioning about where he’s going), and he repeatedly lies to the man to create fake justification and prolong the stop. Prolonging the stop is illegal as Ata states in many videos.
>>  @Jaime Stardust  after getting a full description he asks “what brings you this way” and “what brings you to this part of texas”, “most Texans don’t go 60 they go 80”, he does everything except say “we don’t like your kind around here”
During my 40 years of operating a motor vehicle across 15 states, I regularly drive under the speed limit for safety reasons but have NEVER been pulled over for it.
I’ve actually been pulled over twice in this exact manner, but here in Northern Ontario, Canada. The police officer on both times suspected me of being intoxicated because I was driving slowly (~10km below the posted limit). The first time, it had been raining all afternoon in the fall, and temperatures dropped below freezing and I was driving cautiously as there was ice on the road, and I did not yet have winter tires on. The second time, it was snowing, and we were in town while hauling a very large trailer, and again just trying to be careful.
I always thought being a cop would be an exciting job but the more of these I watch it must be deathly boring
Why is the cop asking so many freaking questions? None of that is his business. This is crazy.
>> It’s none of his business why the driver is in the area or where he took his family on vacation. This is America.
>> This is standard procedure The mission in asking questions is to find a bigger crime or to later attempt to discredit them through inconsistencies in their story in a potential court case

>> And if you don’t answer it’s suspicious. No winning

>> He’s trying to find a reason to search him or the car to eventually get a ticket out of him
The cop basically asked for his whole life story Too many unnecessary questions stick to the traffic stop