–The YouTube demonetization crisis for independent news and politics channels is revealed to be even worse than we thought
Most small business don’t have a huge marketing budget and need to make their marketing budget go as far as possible. There are many options but you have probably overlooked YouTube Ads.
You probably visit YouTube often – maybe at least once a day. You have no doubt sees the ads that run before videos. These ads are crushing it when it comes to generating leads and getting new customers online.
YouTube Ad Statistics
– YouTube has more than one billion users – that’s almost one-third of all internet users.
– 45% of users watch more than an hour of YouTube videos per week.
– More video content is created online in 30 days than has been created by all major US television networks in 30 years.
– 46% of all users act after watching a video ad.
How To Use YouTube Ads To Get More Customers and Leads
YouTube Advertising Options : Types of YouTube Ads
You need to know your YouTube Ad types. There are three to consider:
1. YouTube TrueView In-Stream Ads are the ads you’re probably most familiar with on YouTube. These are the ads that stream before a video. They often come with a “Skip Ad” option that displays after five seconds. One thing you may not know is that if a viewer skips your ad, you won’t pay for the view. That’s key if you have a limited ad budget.
2. YouTube Discovery Ads show up in YouTube search results and look just like other videos. To get viewers to choose your ad, you’ll need an eye-catching thumbnail to grab their attention. Here again, you’ll only pay if a viewer clicks on your ad. You won’t pay to have your ad displayed in the search results.
3. YouTube Bumper Ads are very short ads that can’t be skipped. They’re most often targeted to mobile users, and they’re ideal if you have a message that can be conveyed in just a few seconds.
You’ll need to decide which ad format is best suited to your company.
Video Ads Best Practices
Now, let’s look at some simple things that can help you generate tons of local leads with YouTube ads.
Keep Your Bumper Ads Short, usually less than 10 seconds.
YouTube In-Stream ads can vary in length, but 30 seconds is a good length to keep the viewer interested.
Discovery ads can be longer – as much as two minutes – but make sure the content is engaging. That’s the only way that you’ll keep a viewer’s attention and get them to click your call to action.
YouTube Ads should:
– Grab Users’ Attention from the Start
– Target your audience’s biggest pain point.
– Tell a compelling story, people will keep watching to find out how it ends.
– You MUST have a Call to Action
– Optimize Your Landing Page for Video Viewers
Lead Generation on YouTube Doesn’t Have to be Expensive…
Provided you choose the right place to run your ads and follow these simple guidelines, you should start seeing high-quality leads from your ads quickly. And from there, you can nurture those leads and turn them into loyal, paying customers.
Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube exploit our tribalism to keep us watching ads. That makes them a perfect target for trolls, conspiracy theorists, and con artists.